Author Topic: Teleman & other idles  (Read 1836 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Teleman & other idles
« on: August 08, 2015, 14:45:00 PM »
I put forward that every NRNS member should have the power to remove Teleman from BF2 servers at any time.

Now that I got sarcasm out of the way, idle players in the morning are an annoyance. They unbalance the teams and I think something should be done about it. Auto-kick after 10 min idle? How about that? This morning we've been carrying around driftwood Teleman and others for over 3 rounds.

Check out the screenshot, this is no fun and there's no way for ordinary NRNS members to do anything about it.
I'm picking on Teleman, because he's a prime suspect. ;)

• View Profile
Re: Teleman & other idles
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 14:58:54 PM »
I agree with you Xenalite. It's also a problem when there are a bunch of idle players on a full server. Other players who want to play then can't join the server and they always need to be kicked by an admin manually. I don't know, but do idle players also effect the ping of the server somehow?

• View Profile
    • http://nrns-games.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 15:01:57 PM »
We do our best to remove idle players, but i can see its big problem if 4 out of 5 are idle in the one team and 5 aktive in the other

I try cats you and talk to you about it in teamspeek mate

**************Only Time Will Tell**************

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 22:24:40 PM »
if the servers aren't full its not really much of an issue.  All you can do is see if an admin is on and have them balance the teams.  A guy sitting in the game afk doesn't hurt unless the sides are full or almost full etc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:06:44 AM »
if the servers aren't full its not really much of an issue.  All you can do is see if an admin is on and have them balance the teams.  A guy sitting in the game afk doesn't hurt unless the sides are full or almost full etc
Not true at all. See the screenshot. In fact the reverse is true.
If there were any BF2 admins on at all during the morning, there wouldn't be a problem would it.

• Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
There is a flip side to it, that you may have overlooked, and that's body count. People will join servers that have more players in them, If we have a player that's in there, but AFK at low pop hours than they are helping us win the Server browser battle, I/E The math fight by having a inflated  player count in our servers more people feel invited to join. I know I won't join a random server if its 2/64...
Like Andy said If the server isn't full It is really not a issue,  he is not wasting a slot he's buffing the server browser.

• No Retreat No Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 09:09:25 AM »
There is a flip side to it, that you may have overlooked, and that's body count. People will join servers that have more players in them, If we have a player that's in there, but AFK at low pop hours than they are helping us win the Server browser battle, I/E The math fight by having a inflated  player count in our servers more people feel invited to join. I know I won't join a random server if its 2/64...
Like Andy said If the server isn't full It is really not a issue,  he is not wasting a slot he's buffing the server browser.
+1 we are doing the same with COD4 these days. and it's working good.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 13:04:48 PM by [NRNS]BLUE »

Thanks Yellow for the sign :)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
You make no sense Vendetta. Idle players won't help you keep new players, you will just lose them. It's like saying you'd be happy to join a server full of bots because it has a higher number of "active" players.

Nobody can join the opposing side, we can't kick idle players and it ends up in that situation. 2 vs 6. Nobody wants to play like that.
You might not understand that since you don't play BF2 in the morning.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »
I think here is a little misunderstanding of the term idle going on.
There are two ways of being idle, either in a team or in spectator mode.

I suppose you were talking about being idle in a team and therefore blocking the slots of that team, Xenalite? If that's the case I can understand the problem. It makes the game extremly unbalanced.
V, Stoner and Blue are talking about being idle in spectator mode. People then are not blocking any teams and do not disturb anyone. They artificially rise the server rank by suggesting gametracker there are more players in the server that there are actually playing which is good for the server. (As long as there are at least a few players playing at all)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
Seems like this could be solved via a ModManager 'idler balancer' script.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 15:47:11 PM »
It does make sense Xenalite. It is good for server rank. We could turn off autobalance below a certain amount of players.
Also Dennis there is no spectator in Battlefield, the idle players are on a team and autobalance is screwing up by not differentiating between idle and regular players. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 15:52:57 PM »
Oh, didn't know that. Then it makes sense :P Thanks for letting me know.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming