login

Author Topic: BF2 can't connect to server  (Read 4125 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
BF2 can't connect to server
« on: July 24, 2018, 19:32:24 PM »
Hey NRNS Community!

I haven't played this game since high school but just found out its still alive and running.

I did the BF2HUB install and the game launches and I can see servers....but all the servers are displayed with red font and when ever I try to connect I receive the following error:

You have failed to connect, check your networking connection settings.

Thoughts?

• Activity: 3.33%
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 can't connect to server
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 22:53:49 PM »
Sounds like you might not have the correct version installed.

How did you install BF2? Did you install the patches? Did you follow the BF2 Installation Guide including setting up BF2HUB? Are you trying to connect to the NRNS servers? What's your BF2 version number?
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:19:26 AM »
Since I don't have my disk or cd key anymore I had to get it from less than ethical means.....thepiratebay.

I used BF2HUB to install patches.

Just checked  the guide, My hub says "v1.0, Client and Server are BF2Hub-read" and are green...but its not v1.5 like in the guide

I haven't attempted to connect to NRNS server but the 8 different ones that I've tried give me all the same error.

I'm tried installing and reinstalling, updating punkbuster, disabling firewall and adding ports.

Upper right hand corner says BF is 1.0.2442.0

<mod>
   <title> Battlefield-2 </title>

<url> http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp </url>

<version> version 1.0 </version>
</mod>

So I take it I do have the wrong version. If you save me from googling how can I get to 1.5?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:50:19 AM »
So I take it I do have the wrong version. If you save me from googling how can I get to 1.5?
I don't know about the 1.0 community. All NRNS servers run 1.5. Installing the 1.41 then 1.5 patches should update your game to 1.5. But using the Revive installer (for a new/fresh BF2 install) will do it. Both methods are covered in the BF2 Installation and connection Guide (BF2Hub) (If you don't have the expansions (special forces, Euro Force, etc) in the version you downloaded you may need to find&install them also).

I highly recommend just using the Revive installer to install straight to 1.5 with the required expansions included. If you're worried about bandwidth/size regarding re-downloading another installer keep in mind that the 1.41 and 1.5 patches are .54 and 1.93 GB respectively (total = 2.63 GB). Then add the size of any required expansions. The Revive installer is 2.7 GB, installs directly to v1.5 and includes the expansions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:53:10 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 02:51:58 AM »
The saga continues. Downloaded another .iso and instaleld BF2 1.0 BF2:SF patches up to 1.4 then downloaded 1.5 patch.

When I run the .exe I get memory.dll and voipserver.dll doesn't exist.

BF2patch.txt

Applying HISTORY File Patch for 'Memory.dll'     warning wpt0015: Old File does not exist"

Thoughts?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 02:52:48 AM »
I don't know about the 1.0 community. All NRNS servers run 1.5. Installing the 1.41 then 1.5 patches should update your game to 1.5. But using the Revive installer (for a new/fresh BF2 install) will do it. Both methods are covered in the BF2 Installation and connection Guide (BF2Hub) (If you don't have the special forces expansion in the version you downloaded you'll need to find&install it also).

I highly recommend just using the Revive installer to install straight to 1.5 with special forces included. If you're worried about bandwidth/size regarding re-downloading another installer keep in mind that the 1.41 and 1.5 patches are .54 and 1.93 GB respectively (total = 2.63 GB). Then add the size of Special Forces. The Revive installer is 2.7 GB, installs directly to v1.5 and includes Special Forces.

You're right, I don't know why I'm making it hard for myself.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 03:00:59 AM »
It looks like the required expansions are included in patch 1.5 (special forces is not one of them).

Updating from a standard 1.0 to 1.41 then 1.5 *should* work but the methods outlined in the guide have been tested. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 04:39:20 AM »
I just went with the guide ....and it works!

I appreciate your help.

See you soon on the servers.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 13:17:37 PM »
Just For your information our servers won't show up in the list,until you un-check the Ranked box in you internet filters. ::)
[NRNS]oldman1960

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming