Author Topic: God and the 21'st Century  (Read 3044 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
    • View Profile
God and the 21'st Century
« on: September 07, 2015, 13:24:15 PM »
A really interesting documentary  talking about how new theories in science relate to the idea of a intelligent creator, I found it really interesting, and I am curious what the religious people might think about the video, its nothing conclusive , its a debate video with a lot of interesting ideas.
I am personally Agnostic(Basically I don't quite believe in a god, but I am open to the idea of it), it is the reason why I found the video interesting, and I hope you guys will too.

• Playing FPS games since i had my first computer..
    • View Profile
Re: God and the 21'st Century
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 13:49:06 PM »
It's possible that it's interesting, but 42 minutes is too long :D

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 14:20:48 PM »
It's possible that it's interesting, but 42 minutes is too long :D

+42
   Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 15:40:30 PM »
TLDR the ADD generation that will inherit this world.

• put the lime on the coconut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 16:19:54 PM »
Yes , i think is interesting as could be a novel of science fiction or adventures ... the theory of intelligent creator is so related with science as could be the lord of the rings , science is not science if not supported by facts and even more important , science can make predictions about how something will acts  . This theories of intelligent creator can make a prediction of something ??? I would like to see it .
Shape of god is more difuminated each time science (real science) discover something ... we as humans just proyect ourselves over things we dont understand .... I dont understand how really works entropy in thermodynamics but i dont think who write the questions on my exam is god ...

Anyway each one has the right to believe what they want if that makes them feel good

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 17:02:40 PM »
Yes , i think is interesting as could be a novel of science fiction or adventures ... the theory of intelligent creator is so related with science as could be the lord of the rings , science is not science if not supported by facts and even more important , science can make predictions about how something will acts  . This theories of intelligent creator can make a prediction of something ??? I would like to see it .
Shape of god is more difuminated each time science (real science) discover something ... we as humans just proyect ourselves over things we dont understand .... I dont understand how really works entropy in thermodynamics but i dont think who write the questions on my exam is god ...

Anyway each one has the right to believe what they want if that makes them feel good

No ofc I personally agree, but the power of science is diminished if we do not take all possible outcomes into account,  understanding that we do not know is the step towards knowledge, the big bang for example was considered fact, even observed, and yet new theories are being formed with the belief and mathematical proof that the Big Bang is not as important as we may perceive it.
The ability to observe things that the string theory predicts is beyond our scope, same as the "multiverse."In all honesty it is no greater than our ability to perceive a God if there is one. There are many things in the universe even scientists believe point towards intelligent design, like the amount of fine tuning and mechanics working in the background. It's all in theory but then again most thing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 17:15:49 PM »
There are many things in the universe even scientists believe point towards intelligent design, like the amount of fine tuning and mechanics working in the background. It's all in theory but then again most thing
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4238NN8HMgQ[/youtube]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 17:53:26 PM »

No ofc I personally agree, but the power of science is diminished if we do not take all possible outcomes into account,  understanding that we do not know is the step towards knowledge, the big bang for example was considered fact, even observed, and yet new theories are being formed with the belief and mathematical proof that the Big Bang is not as important as we may perceive it.
The ability to observe things that the string theory predicts is beyond our scope, same as the "multiverse."In all honesty it is no greater than our ability to perceive a God if there is one. There are many things in the universe even scientists believe point towards intelligent design, like the amount of fine tuning and mechanics working in the background. It's all in theory but then again most thing

You can choose theories you like , i challenge you to look for any conclusion or prediction based on that theories , if you explain what you dont understand as the hand of intelligent creator i really doubt you wil be able to make any prediction ... on the real world of real scientist that is called literature not science , if you cant use theories for anything ... you are just taking a happy idea as true , on that line i go to give another idea : universe was created by mario bros after eat some mushrooms , is a beautiful way to explain everything and you cant probe im wrong , so .... im right ... that is the typical answer that a priest give when you ask him for proofs , they say you cant probe no existence of god .

The real science studies phenomenons or apply theories , mathematycal theories to create models that with engineering , chemistry , thermodynamics , physics etc are useful for humanity as the tomography axial comp. , optic fiber , atomic bomb .... you know , things that jump from theory to reality .
The idea of intelligent creator is just that , an idea , no discovers or improvements for humans , no advances for technology ... Just a useless idea that give people the illusion of understand what they dont understand .

Just my vision , no offense

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 18:00:05 PM »
That is taken out of context, and advocating a point of view, besides we are talking about smaller things, on a grander scale. If you look at Dark Energy, that contributes about 68% of all energy to the Universe the amount of those particles energy is  10to the -500, that's 0.00000.............1 500Zeros after the decimal. If it were 0.0000000....2 500zeros , matter could not form. and the world as we know it would not exist. Like I said I do not believe in a god, but if you want a scientific approach to something than you must not discredit anything.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 18:15:01 PM »

You can choose theories you like , i challenge you to look for any conclusion or prediction based on that theories , if you explain what you dont understand as the hand of intelligent creator i really doubt you wil be able to make any prediction ... on the real world of real scientist that is called literature not science , if you cant use theories for anything ... you are just taking a happy idea as true , on that line i go to give another idea : universe was created by mario bros after eat some mushrooms , is a beautiful way to explain everything and you cant probe im wrong , so .... im right ... that is the typical answer that a priest give when you ask him for proofs , they say you cant probe no existence of god .

The real science studies phenomenons or apply theories , mathematycal theories to create models that with engineering , chemistry , thermodynamics , physics etc are useful for humanity as the tomography axial comp. , optic fiber , atomic bomb .... you know , things that jump from theory to reality .
The idea of intelligent creator is just that , an idea , no discovers or improvements for humans , no advances for technology ... Just a useless idea that give people the illusion of understand what they dont understand .

OFC I agree with you on most points but again it seems to be limiting the scientific approach, Albert Einstein used math to craft a theory that black holes might exists for almost 80years it was just that a theory that we could not observe or apply to anything. To limit yourself to only things we can perceive is to limit your capacity for learning, everything should be taken with a grain of salt, because 600years ago we observed the earth as the flat center of the cosmos.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 18:16:46 PM »
Hehehe im not discrediting , just explaining what is science properly said and what is just a theory (for me not serious or fundamented at all) , for example what you are talking about dark energy we know is really there cause we can measure it and we can see the effects or more exactly we know is there cause our model of normal matter fails when we try to measure speeds of some stars cumulus , by the way there is not only dark energy (about 75%) also there is dark matter (about 21%) so the normal matter we know it only represents 4% of what we can observe .
Just giving my opinion , for me there is no proof at all of that intelligent creator just words

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 18:20:50 PM »
Hehehe im not discrediting , just explaining what is science properly said and what is just a theory (for me not serious or fundamented at all) , for example what you are talking about dark energy we know is really there cause we can measure it and we can see the effects or more exactly we know is there cause our model of normal matter fails when we try to measure speeds of some stars cumulus , by the way there is not only dark energy (about 75%) also there is dark matter (about 21%) so the normal matter we know it only represents 4% of what we can observe .
Just giving my opinion , for me there is no proof at all of that intelligent creator just words

OFC I'm not saying that there is, nor do I myself believe it, I honestly think that when u die that's it. I'm just curious in the possibility.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 18:24:00 PM »
There is a reason it is called religious belief, because no one can prove or disprove anything.  Science is not absolute and does not nor can not answer every single thing.  There are things on this earth alone science can not explain much less the wonder of creation.  Some believe God was an ancient space traveler so take your pick.  All i will say is one thing which has bene proven true time and time again.  "There are no atheists in a foxhole"

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 18:24:54 PM »

OFC I agree with you on most points but again it seems to be limiting the scientific approach, Albert Einstein used math to craft a theory that black holes might exists for almost 80years it was just that a theory that we could not observe or apply to anything. To limit yourself to only things we can perceive is to limit your capacity for learning, everything should be taken with a grain of salt, because 600years ago we observed the earth as the flat center of the cosmos.

lol and im agree with you ... Albert Einstein was able to visualize what means the results he obtained of maths , the singularity, the limit when we have a infinite mass concentred on a point infinitely small . Greeks knew perfectly that earth was sferic 2500 years ago ... God was who made us stupids to imagine earth as a flat , hehehe just dont think the conclusion we will reach someday is that god exists .
Not believer on da hood :)

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 19:16:13 PM »
V Believe That aliens Exist hahahahahahahahahaaha

Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections