login

Author Topic: Observations about new changes  (Read 10282 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Re: Observations about new changes
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2016, 00:20:46 AM »
they are been fixed this weekend.

well your waiting try out the NRNS UNLEASHED server and give your feed back

thank you.

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2016, 09:46:54 AM »
Hi!
I've been busy for around a month so i didnt get much chance to play. Last time i played there was a debate on how distribute flags on that twisted karkand we have. Some said it's not fair USA has only 1 flag because sometimes it ends that US players never leave the base and game is boring. So it got changed to the form that is kept till today... HOW???  :( :( :(
This game is lost for MEC before it even starts. It is an Operation clean sweep/kubra dam in the CITY version (if You know what i mean). After 1 minute of game US team is on the other side of the river and MEC's have no armor after 5 minutes or less. No matter how badass your teammates are you cant win this game as MEC when there is at least 1 enemy squad who take flags.

And 1 more thing which is an absurd. USA has much more points on start and on original map they are losing start, they need to neutralize the flag to get leveled. On this map they get 2 other flags for free which gives them those idk 40-50 points free and when enemy gets close to attack and later defend warehouse flag which is close to base they gets warned for base rape.

Thats insane to expect an equal match in these conditions. Not to mention most times its USA who has good players than MEC (completely randomly >.> of course lalala)
Sad to feel like Aston Villa player every round on MEC.

I used statistics before to back up my comments (cries LOL) and i will again.
http://stats.nrns-games.com/bf2-euro/?pid=1196560
This player spent most time in USMC team so We can see that:
USMC wins 7 rounds for every 2 wins for MEC side
on karkand its almost 7 wins for 1 MEC win. Not good
Also for about 4% of the time spent on NRNS CITY MAPS You are unable to change to your fav team anyhow ... ha ha

Thanks for those who read all post and share their opinion  :)

Regards!

well said mate, i would prefer the standard maps if am totally honest with the modded weapons

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2016, 17:22:50 PM »
Frankly I see too much vantage USMC on maps, even  sharqui what is nearly impossible win with mec, chopper is sure better, and much hard destroy with sraw, because little precision, and not have more APC for difference, even 1 only flag is easy what win USMC..
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 01:14:10 AM »
And this is why everyone changes to USMC...

At least many players did this back when I played...

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 12:41:43 PM »
I checked unleashed yesterday morning but was empty, all i noticed is pointing system is regular. Not many people will join that server if there is 2 points for flag capture and 15(?) on other server. Flag capture is more "profitable" than killing enemy. I have never played on such stats setup before so i checked once how its like on empty server. During 30 minutes of running from flag to flag on 8 or 9 rounds i increased my score per minute ... much.
My opinion about this statistics setup - its much better than the previous one and much better than regular setup, probably best setup i ever seen, but ... :P
Some things are hard to pass without a little facepalm:
Since scoring points is about taking flags now and getting team points and not killing/dying (getting nemesis points) or getting high k/d (camping usually) it's damn important if You are not as good as Daze or Xenalite to get a good co-operative squad right? This is i believe the reason of why 1 team is winning most of the time. Just by checking some ridiculous stats of some people i can name 1 best way to get highest possible score per minute:
Join USMC team and create a squad, invite best players in team, choose Support class, i think MG36 is best stick close to your squad mates but run first, hope they chose medic. Go first to every flag and throw ammo packs like crazy whenever you can... i played like that 3 rounds or so, no one was ever close to my score  ::)
3 points for giving ammo and 2 points for killing?
3 points for giving ammo and 3 points for repair?   :(
Spec ops class - perfect
sniper - i find i hard to play with l96 lately, suddenly m24 is b***'n
assault - finally this class is worth anything with F2000 (i didnt check M16 yet)
engeneer - shotguns lmao, M11 finally it works a bit but stil demanding, must get used to it again, M3k1 - lololol are you serious? its more lethal than ever. if its like that You may as well make smoke and flash granades killing :) I still like it much :D
Support - weapons are very good combining with no reason to reload or save ammo it's a bit too much like i wrote above. But if it works its good
Medic - either i got rusted or idk seems harder to kill than 2 months ago or maybe its just more guns got usefull   :)
Anti tank - ... who broke rocket launchers, they are slow, they are weak, eryx's reload is crap, after it you shoot with ghost rockets, need to change weapon (i.e. press 3 and 4 again) to make it work.  And 2 shots needed sometimes to kill an apc  >:(
most annoying class right now.

Some obervations.

Thank You kindly for accepting my application  ;)

Regards
kucoman

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 13:32:30 PM »
Hello,

Thanks everyone for the opinions. It's good to have feedback from players.

Unleashed server is not quite 'done', Evil copy pasted some old stuff into the server folder and I need to fix it.
It's not intended to stay the way it is.

Yesterday I changed the number of tickets on each map and how quickly each team loses them. It should make the attacking team's job a bit more difficult. I'm going to give that a go before doing more thinking on how we can rebalance some maps.

Repair, ammo, heal and revive carry 3 points each. Kills are 2.4 points base + whatever bonus you may get if you kill a high value target. There is also a bonus for high K/D at round end. Many people don't realize it. It's not about killing as many enemies as possible, but dying as little as possible, and helping your team mates not to die. Running around alone is most certainly not going to help you with that.

Your kits commentary is quite accurate, I changed some kits' power a while ago without saying anything official to see how long it would take for people to realize it. Spec Ops guns have the same power and accuracy as the L85A1. All bolt action sniper rifles have the same damage and all 1 shot kill people, M95 can penetrate glass too. Semi automatic sniper rifles deal 60 damage, making them 2-shot to kill.

Assault guns have the same power and accuracy as L85A1, but assault kit has different toys to the Medic. We will be looking into making the smoke and flash grenades more useful. Since Medics share a gun with Assault, we are thinking to have 1 powerful short distance weapon for both Assault and Medic, but make the L85A1 more long range less power gun. People don't realize it, but it only takes 3 accurate shots from most weapons to kill an enemy.

Shotguns have been brought back to original game damage. I was surprised to notice that their damage was actually half before. I think they deserve to be pumped up a bit more, make the engineer very useful on short range. They are now also a primary choice for armour drivers with increased repair rate and still have good AT mines.

Support and Medic have not been changed in any way shape or form.

Anti tank rocket's damage has changed based on distance to target. Armour is still 1 shot to destroy up to about 40 metres. Afterwards it takes 2 hits. This is a compromise you have to make if you want armour vehicles to be useful. For a long time we had armour not as a dangerous enemy but rather as free points. They can still be ambushed and destroyed close range, but otherwise they are now a bit more tough. Reload times of rockets have not changed. AT kit is still a good go-to kit for short range combat, with 18% of all kills attributed to it.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2016, 13:38:04 PM »
XENALITE please fixed team USMC no possible over 2 team no possible other new team, perhaps problem is only on little map, but check please.
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2016, 13:53:12 PM »
I didn't understand a single word you said.

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2016, 14:43:16 PM »
Hello,

Thanks everyone for the opinions. It's good to have feedback from players.

Unleashed server is not quite 'done', Evil copy pasted some old stuff into the server folder and I need to fix it.
It's not intended to stay the way it is.

Yesterday I changed the number of tickets on each map and how quickly each team loses them. It should make the attacking team's job a bit more difficult. I'm going to give that a go before doing more thinking on how we can rebalance some maps.

Repair, ammo, heal and revive carry 3 points each. Kills are 2.4 points base + whatever bonus you may get if you kill a high value target. There is also a bonus for high K/D at round end. Many people don't realize it. It's not about killing as many enemies as possible, but dying as little as possible, and helping your team mates not to die. Running around alone is most certainly not going to help you with that.

Your kits commentary is quite accurate, I changed some kits' power a while ago without saying anything official to see how long it would take for people to realize it. Spec Ops guns have the same power and accuracy as the L85A1. All bolt action sniper rifles have the same damage and all 1 shot kill people, M95 can penetrate glass too. Semi automatic sniper rifles deal 60 damage, making them 2-shot to kill.

Assault guns have the same power and accuracy as L85A1, but assault kit has different toys to the Medic. We will be looking into making the smoke and flash grenades more useful. Since Medics share a gun with Assault, we are thinking to have 1 powerful short distance weapon for both Assault and Medic, but make the L85A1 more long range less power gun. People don't realize it, but it only takes 3 accurate shots from most weapons to kill an enemy.

Shotguns have been brought back to original game damage. I was surprised to notice that their damage was actually half before. I think they deserve to be pumped up a bit more, make the engineer very useful on short range. They are now also a primary choice for armour drivers with increased repair rate and still have good AT mines.

Support and Medic have not been changed in any way shape or form.

Anti tank rocket's damage has changed based on distance to target. Armour is still 1 shot to destroy up to about 40 metres. Afterwards it takes 2 hits. This is a compromise you have to make if you want armour vehicles to be useful. For a long time we had armour not as a dangerous enemy but rather as free points. They can still be ambushed and destroyed close range, but otherwise they are now a bit more tough. Reload times of rockets have not changed. AT kit is still a good go-to kit for short range combat, with 18% of all kills attributed to it.
Awesome job as always  :)
one thing to clear my  prev post -  about ammo and repair. It takes 1  granade thrown blindly by any team mate to get 3 points for tossing ammo pack in his face. It usually means taking back main flag for MEC while playing worse team and going out of battle for a minute to fix asset to get 3 points. Ammo points is easy and repairing takes sacrifice in the name of the team and its worth much more for the team. Just my opinion.

And as i remembered. Keeper wrote it is hard to win for MEC even on sharqi when it was opposite before. I think moving assets from battlefield to uncap took that little advantage.

Regards!

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 21:05:59 PM »
Not is possible open other squads on USMC. Understand now??
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2016, 02:15:59 AM »
Why when we play in US we can make just 2 squad  ???
(.)                                  ____

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 02:21:33 AM »
Not is possible open other squads on USMC. Understand now??
you mean my last question
(.)                                  ____

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 06:24:45 AM »
I see. Restarted the server.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 11:36:59 AM »
I see. Restarted the server.
Probable is bug, I have seen what other admins have restart server, but problem remains.
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2016, 16:57:20 PM »
Hello,

I'd like to share my opinion on a few things.

Firstly I think that the points received for supplying teammates with ammo is too high compared to e.g heals and repairs. The latter are more difficult to get points for but the score received is the same. In my eyes either the points for ammo should be reduced to 1 along with revives as it's very simple to get points for these and you can kinda spam it to attain easy points. Alternatively double the amount of points a person gets for heals and repairs.

Secondly the amount of points you get for capturing flags is too high in my eyes. I have seen some players kinda avoid combat and just rush from one flag to another and mostly they focus on unimportant flags too e.g on Mashtuur the flags that are located on the outskirts. I think reducing it to 5 points for a neutralize and 8 points for a capture is solid.
Alternatively a very cool concept would be if you'd get just 1 point for capture and neutralize BUT that you afterwards get 1 point for every 2 players that spawn on the flag after your capture. This way capturing key-flags would be very rewarding and you'd get lots of points for it!

The change towards distance-related damage of Rockets is awesome.

Lastly, I think bringing some fresh maps into the rotation would be great. Gulf of Oman, Songhua Stalemate, Operation Road Rage, Highway Tampa etc
Oh and please try to bring the server back onto the ingame serverlist. I feel like since it disappeared from there, there haven't been 64 players on the server anymore, just about ~50 at peak times!
=IRS=ZMAJ111

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming