login

Author Topic: Some Rule  (Read 3759 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Some Rule
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
Hello Everybody

I can jump to some roof, and there rule about roof not allowed.... this roof easy to jump there.....

Just need to know this allowed or not???

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wu94AnHDxcY

Thanks,

• View Profile
Re: Some Rule
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
Roof are allowed if you can access with a lader/stairs or jumping from an airplane/heli.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi,
3 situations:

allowed or not?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 16:40:27 PM »
:) This is how it was explained to me by BF2 council back in the day:

If
  • If there is no helicopter on the map AND
  • There is no ladder going DIRECTLY to the roof you are on (single horizontal pane) OR
  • For any reason you had to use supply boxes, vehicles, or any jumping/falling at all THEN
It is an illegal roof and you are not allowed on it in NRNS servers.

I always assumed stairs applied in the logic the same as ladders. I have no clue at all if this is still how the rule is enforced.

But based on that:
  • First vid: First roof: allowed (stairs lead to that roof). Second roof: not allowed (you jumped to get there).
  • Second vid: Situation 1: First roof: allowed (ladder directly to that roof). Other roofs: not allowed (you jumped to get there).
  • Second vid: Situation 2: Not allowed (you jumped to reach roof, this assumes no heli on map).
  • Second vid: Situation 3: First roof: allowed (ladder directly to that roof). Other roofs: not allowed (you jumped to get there).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 16:47:58 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Date Tagged: Apr 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 16:48:29 PM »
its think its clear no ?    if no ladders or stairs ou air vehicules in the map for access on roof ,  its not allowed ( help by  c4 , claymores, supply drop , car,  jump roof in other with no access ,etc ) ,

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:02:25 AM »
Thanks for responses guys  :) although i have a major concern then. I know illegal roofs on karkand arent occupied most of times but on operation blue pearl... well people sit there on every round. Not just 1 person, people. All over the map. I saw warnings for that but i dont remember anyone being kicked out. If that video i made - 'situation 2' is not allowed then it is quite confusing and i must apologise becuase i killed an admin not once while i was standing there. And i didn't get a single warning. And to complicate this a bit more what about situation 2 after this video?

Regards

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 14:26:56 PM »
Blue pearl is a difficult one as you can get to those roofs very easy maybe even via parachute from a crain the best advice is if you need to use tricky means to get to it then don't lol I am sure you can work out what I mean by this lol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 17:05:37 PM »
AFAIK parachute is not allowed to get access to a roof if there is no air transport on the map. Remember the roof of the last east base on the large Karkand map. We already banned many people who jumped from the towers to that roof.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 19:23:49 PM »
You see that's a problem. Someone comes here and goes in a place which is allowed on all other servers and gets a ban after which comes back with new hashkey which is also allowed on all other servers and gets a perm ban. Losing players over such a silly reason is ridiculous. I like all the changes made after moving to 1.5. All of them were right on the spot, servers runs smooth, maps are awesome, vehicles are great and rules are good, almost all of them.
My concern is people who gets banned for that not my own loss (of fun - yes hard to reach roofs are a lot of fun).
Below is a video with probably and possibly illegal places, i could point few more places like that from karkand without all those that are obviously not allowed.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 00:55:48 AM »
AFAIK parachute is not allowed to get access to a roof if there is no air transport on the map.
Yes. That's how it was explained to me in no uncertain terms.

'No Jumping. No Falling.'

Unless you can climb a ladder (or stairs proly) directly to the roof you're not allowed on it. Which led me to ask about these roofs:

Some of those roofs can be accessed via ladder or 'plank' but others require a jump (horizontal) or a drop (a drop about two jumps high). I don't remember the answer but I think it was along the lines of 'shutup sirguy. Stop being difficult. No one else has a problem with this.' :P

Needless to say I find it slightly amusing we're still not having a problem about this.

Bottom line, if you want to follow the rules to the letter: Always have a part of your body in contact with the ground (or a ladder or building) at all times unless your jump/fall destination is the ground (or a building with direct access from the ground via ladder/stairs).
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:39 AM »
I believe the intention of this rule in the beginning was to not allow people to camp in unreacheable roofs - places impossible to get unless c4 jumping/parachute hacking etc like hotel roof but it got out of hand.  :(

On the picture above only the top building has no ladder but how hard it is to get there? Seriously, its not even a roof xD It is on the street level basically. I cant imagine someone being banned for illegal roof there.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
We have other rules/game mechanics working against C4 jumping/parahacking/etc though.

Note the distinction between building and roof. :P A building may have many roofs. A building may have a ladder but that ladder might not give you direct access to every roof on the building.

I've circled the roofs in the following image which have no ladders or planks. I think the higher roofs of those buildings all have ladders/planks going to them. May have missed one, it's been a while.

Then of course there's the case where map objects were placed to make a makeshift staircase. ie:

According to the 'no jumping, no falling' interpretation of the illegal roof rule these makeshift staircases are off limits too.  :-\ Course, if we're being completely ridiculous that waist high 'berm' thing that the planks rest on is off limits too, unless it ramps to the ground at some point (again, it's been a while I can't remember).  ::)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:57:56 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
Im sorry for exaggerating because this really is not a big issue since people are not banned on questionable roofs. About those boxes showed on the picture players can get on most rather short buildings without ladders on Operation Blue Pearl but like i said everyones reasonable and it doesnt end in removing half of snipers from the server :)

Thank You SirGuy for extensive description of this issue. It's very nice of You to put so much time and effort (with the pictures :D)to explain this uncertain subject. Much appreciated Sir!

Regards!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
I'm always happy to help, or at least try. :)

Don't worry at all about asking for clarification. 'No illegal roof' is not exactly a descriptive rule.  ::) Hope it's clear how the rule is (was) defined. As to enforcing questionable roofs in the grey area ... unfortunately that's up to each admin. If you get warned off a roof don't go there again if you think that roof is unreasonable bring it to bf2 council and they'll sort either you or the admin out. :P

I think being reasonable is the key. If everyone is reasonable this rule doesn't even need enforcing...course... if everyone was reasonable we wouldn't need admins or rules in the first place. :P

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
I'm always happy to help, or at least try. :)

Don't worry at all about asking for clarification. 'No illegal roof' is not exactly a descriptive rule.  ::) Hope it's clear how the rule is (was) defined. As to enforcing questionable roofs in the grey area ... unfortunately that's up to each admin. If you get warned off a roof don't go there again if you think that roof is unreasonable bring it to bf2 council and they'll sort either you or the admin out. :P

I think being reasonable is the key. If everyone is reasonable this rule doesn't even need enforcing...course... if everyone was reasonable we wouldn't need admins or rules in the first place. :P

So true  :)

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming