Author Topic: Hopping  (Read 4971 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Hopping
« on: March 17, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »
Hello BF2 players
As some of you already have noticed we have changed the "bunny hopping" rule! The intention was not to allow that players do jumpstyle competitions in the game but to make less work for admins and a good game atmosphere!
We have changes some settings in the game that you loose stamina while jumping and if you do a few hopps you cant run and escape anymore which makes you an easy target!
I would like you to give your voice on that matter!
Please keep in mind to be respectfull with any comment you put here :)

thx for reading
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 13:32:51 PM by [NRNS]Jeamean »

NEVER BACK DOWN

• View Profile
Re: Hopping
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 13:33:55 PM »
Thanks for the post. Have the hopping and prone spamming rules been removed or are they just 'not enforced' anymore?

Also, during my limited test I was able to hop indefinitely. Are there plans to prevent hopping if the player has no stamina or other modifications to prevent constant hopping?
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 13:51:22 PM »
the rules havent been removed they are still there but its not enforced like before.

with the endless jumping leading to no stamina and not been able to shoot well jumping should be enough to stop most of the issues. with anything you will always have one that will push the limits.

there is other things coming in to play over time but when they appear is hit and miss at this point due to time limits we all have.

i played 3-4 hours last night and from my point of view there is less hoppers in there at that time than the 3-4 hours i played last week. (personal opinion)

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• Date Tagged: Apr 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 15:03:02 PM »
ok clear :)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 16:30:54 PM »
you can not jump over a wall/in to a vehicle or anything now with out loosing your sprint?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 16:42:22 PM »
I played yesterday too and i'm not completly happy with the changes made according to the stamina.
It reduced a bit the fun on the gameplay for me.  :-\
Sometimes i need to hop over obstacles and everytime now i loose stamina with every hop i do.
The problem is, that it doesn't recover fast enough. It felt like i had to wait forever to be able to run again.
The basic idea is good but there should be made a difference between a normal hopping and the bunnyhoppers.

Only players which hop repeatly (more than 2 times) shouldn't be able to run directly after that.
All others shouldn't be recognized by the script, because that wouldn't count as bunnyhopping for me.
As i said sometimes i (and i think other players too) want to jump over obstacles and i don't see a reason to punish them for that by reducing the stamina, if they just hop once or two times.
Jumping over a wall doesn't always work on the first try, so you hop again. Another example, you try to get up on a high hill, so you need to hop too on some point to get up.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 17:06:45 PM by [NRNS]Syntexx93 »

• Still loving you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 17:27:11 PM »
I played yesterday too and i'm not completly happy with the changes made according to the stamina.
Sometimes i need to hop over obstacles and everytime now i loose stamina with every hop i do.
The problem is, that it doesn't recover fast enough. It felt like i had to wait forever to be able to run again.
The basic idea is good but there should be made a difference between a normal hopping and the bunnyhoppers.

Only players which hop repeatly (more than 2 times) shouldn't be able to run directly after that.
All others shouldn't be recognized by the script, because that wouldn't count as bunnyhopping for me.
As i said sometimes i (and i think other players too) want to jump over obstacles and i don't see a reason to punish them for that by reducing the stamina, if they just hop once or two times.
Jumping over a wall doesn't always work on the first try, so you hop again. Another example, you try to get up on a high hill, so you need to hop too on some point to get up.

Good post syntexx. Im with you in this. U Couldint say that better.

Still loving you...

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 17:52:12 PM »
Totally I agree with you....

For me I heat hopping players

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 17:52:40 PM »

Absolutley AGREE!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 18:22:38 PM »
Is it possible to do so, to be able to make one jump and block 5 seconds to jump? I have not tried, how it works, but the words Syntex I understand that I will take the discomfort in the game. say, I jumped at the wall, and then begin to walk slowly, I immediately became an easy target for campers. Again, the players play by the rules, will also suffer. ???

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 18:32:58 PM »
You will have to hop 3 times before your sprint power goes to 0. After 3 hops, it will take ~5 seconds to get enough sprint power back to sprint again.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 18:38:27 PM »
i dont understand it since for the no stamina to work takes 3 jumps. so how does it affect you????  it only affects the players jumping more than 3 times one after the other in which case your bunny hopping lol.

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 18:50:25 PM »
I agree with Syntexx, game gets bit annoying but still better than that no jump mod 5 years ago LOL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 19:10:42 PM »
You will have to hop 3 times
3 Is it not jump bunnihop? Today I shot at the enemy and he made two jumps and got into his car and drove away. even when the two jumps makes the enemy is very annoying (((

• put the lime on the coconut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 19:16:00 PM »
i dont understand it since for the no stamina to work takes 3 jumps. so how does it affect you????  it only affects the players jumping more than 3 times one after the other in which case your bunny hopping lol.

try to climb a hill , you´ll see

i changed my mind - its annoying as F
btw limited stamina is first reason i dont play on ranked servers

personally agreed
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 19:29:19 PM by [NRNS]QUE_ME_PONGO_LOCO »

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming