login

Author Topic: SAD NEWS  (Read 2039 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
SAD NEWS
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
Today i payed the nrns bills for this month, due to the costs it will be the last one i can personally make. I have had a very hard time for the last 6-12 months in my private life with scares of cancer (was clear) and major stress. This has opened my eyes to alot of things including whats more important. All i do is work and sleep and run this community. I dont drink and dont smoke. I use to think I did all this for you all as we use to be a caring community that helped each other but over the last 6 months this is not the case now which is a major shame. seems to me that most (not all) of the users of this community are just out for themselfs.

I pushed myself hard to keep this community running however I can not seem to run this place and work to pay its bills. Something has to give.I am open to any ideas that would keep nrns running but i will not hold my breath for the ideas to come in.

I leave the outcome of this community to you all.Since once the bills due again if we dont have the money it will close.

Sorry for the sad news and i would like to thank you all for been part of this great place for all the years we have ran.

Kind regards

Dr

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
Re: SAD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 13:20:06 PM »
I have an Idea if you play you pay,as in you dues as a member you could ask every member to give a set amount that they can fit into their budget. 8)

I think $10.00 would be a good base amount. :)

I just want to help you in any way I can. :)
[NRNS]oldman1960

• I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 13:21:56 PM »
Yea Me too, Time to work together

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 14:45:07 PM »
As it stands right now we are always short. Our usa server box is covered fully regardless of the total cost by a 3rd party.(see donations its always in there) The only costs this community has is for the website and the eu box. A short fall of about £90 give or take a fiver. Thats $122 dollars on avg based on the current rates.

no one will be forced to pay for anything since there is lots out there that do it for free. Our website user base has dropped by 80% as well since discord was used. which fell in line with bf2 revive closing its doors. we lost alot of players/users which has not helped.

For months i have been asking for help with lots of offers each time but life seems to get in the way for them just like it has for me now.

• I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 16:03:39 PM »
I donated today and I will donate tomorrow too Brother. Lets Get Binding ingame, Battlefield has 64 slot servers that have run for a long time, Time to Set the Admins loose in there, and the members that play.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 00:05:29 AM »
out of all the members/players we have just look at the amount of replys this thread has got so far.

To the few that have bothered to reply i would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. people like you are why i started nrns in the first place.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 00:08:39 AM »
Very true mate and people log on but never see people in discord channels either

• PINK ADMIN LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:35:54 AM »
donated tomorow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 14:54:41 PM »
i donated other day soon i get paid again i will do it again :)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 13:01:21 PM »
i have a server running multiple websites located in NL.
Maybe we could migrate the website and spare the costs?

• put the lime on the coconut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 13:00:24 PM »
Im really sad with this situation and I fully understand your position Dr Evil... You always had and will have my respect and admiration for your work, your way to treat every single one on this forums and your sniper skills in bf2 :). I hope things that really matter in your life get better.

Its sad that bf2 almost gone, i use to take a look if there are players on servers but lately always seems to be empty. Which players are still alive in bf2 servers?

As an idea, i think it would be good delete from members all those that has not been around in last 2 monthsjust by one reason... To know the members that are really active in games and forums, how many NRNS we have, what games they are using and focus the solutions regarding that information. Also I think we have publics that are regular here and in servers... Both are the engine of the clan.

I dont know what can be done to reduce costs or even if its possible, but i would say that if bills can be reduced deleting unused servers or games, its what have to be done to survive.

From my side, Im still waiting lali to tell me how can i help modding bf2 maps, at the moment i dont play bf2 or any other game but im here to help anyway I can. I cant believe even without battlelog we cant have a populated bf2 server, at least on certain moments, still there are bf2 player interested on game, im sure, also im sure we always had the very best and playable servers.

Checking hub servers right now, at least there are 140 players ( no bots ) online. Super@ and 2f4y have most of them.May we dont remember ir, but 2 years ago we were more populated than them... Unranked most populated servers are chinese now, I mean we are the only funny server with low ping, why cant se repopulate again? Still posible if se try ti populate them a bit
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 15:32:36 PM by [NRNS]QUE_ME_PONGO_LOCO »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 23:39:31 PM »
yeah i agree we can do better. i will put my share cuz i care for the server and for the hard work thats been put in this community. ive been here too long to let it go down.............lets rock it and make this place nice and happy

• Date Tagged: Aug 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 00:23:25 AM »
Currently saving for a trip to London next weekend but as soon as thats out the way ill be sure to donate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 18:10:26 PM »
bump

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 00:09:02 AM »
Bump :-P

Navigation