login

Author Topic: Its been a long time...  (Read 823 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Its been a long time...
« on: September 04, 2020, 21:33:23 PM »
Greetings to all NRNS Community. Its LastResortM but you can call me Joe.

I first arrived NRNS in August 2011. Had a great time playing in this server. I can remember playing in patrols with Qarqa, lordPowarful and Kery45 among many others. I recently discovered that NRNS was still up in BF2hub so I decided to reinstall BF2 again.

Servers seem to be empty these days. The GameSpy closure was a hard punch for all servers around there I guess. However I hope to be able to play again with you guys.

Best regards and good luck.

• View Profile
Re: Its been a long time...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 22:25:43 PM »
Hello. Welcome back. :)

The GameSpy shutdown definitely hurt the BF2 community but I think it was the Revive shutdown that put in that final nail. When Revive closed they released (false) notices that it would no longer be possible to play BF2 (at all) and defamed, kicked, and/or banned people who attempted to correct the notice.

As for our servers: Two of them run bots so they'll never be empty with at least 1 human in them. xD The bots are ... well bots after all, they can be tough at times but aren't quite the same as playing with humans (they're very good in a pinch though to scratch that BF2 itch). :)
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 15:44:09 PM »
I set the servers up,they need more players like you.

The servers are set up different.

One is you against bots and the other one you can  play against each other with bots.

The third server is all maps Air and City maps. ( no bots)

I put map vote on all three servers so picking your map is possible. (Only 2 players need to vote)
[NRNS]oldman1960

• I'm not arguing,I'm just explaining why I'm right.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 10:07:54 AM »
Wow hey there Joe  :)

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming