login

Author Topic: If there is any PC expert here, check the post, i need help!  (Read 1463 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • Playing FPS games since i had my first computer..
    • View Profile
Ok, so, i have a MSI Radeon 6770 1Gb DDR5 GPU, and my cooler on it just doesn't cool it enough.. 5 mins after i enter BF3 i get temps to like 98C and i start to get like stuttering, even though the game shows FPS from 40-70, my game just stutters... So i decided to buy i new fan for the GPU... And i saw a good cooler from the Radeon 6850, so, can someone tell me, is it possible to mount the cooler from 6850 to my 6770?

Here's a link for the cooler: https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/100-ispravan-kuler-za-Radeon-graficke-23996262-oglas.htm

And here is a pic of a GPU that looks just like mine: http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/14-127-599-02.jpg

I need some answers quick, because i can't play anything because of this problem... :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 21:30:21 PM by [NRNS]hodoje »

• View Profile
Re: If there is any PC expert here, check the post, i need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 22:02:58 PM »
When was the last time you gave your PC a good clean? Over time all your case fans pickup dust which can reduce performance. Also, how many case fans do you have and how are they set up (cool air in & exhausting warm air out)?

Could also give the GPU a clean, mine was cooking recently (recorded a 137C but I'm calling BS). so I stripped the card and cleaned the heatsink & fans and hey presto, almost as good as new.

You can see the fans have dust caked on the blades and the heatsink is blocked in areas.

If you want a really good clean, you can buy cans of compressed air for all those nooks and crannies. Blast the area and use a vacuum to pick the dust up, but dont but the vacuum too close, the vacuum action can have an effect on electronics that doesn't bode too well. I also hear that if you spray your fan blades with household table top polish (I think its that, if not please correct me), dust wont stick to them as much.

Try this before spending money.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 22:08:42 PM by [NRNS]LT-R-MACGREGOR »

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 23:38:55 PM »
Well it was not long ago, but i saw dust... I'm stripping it tomorrow, i think i'm gonna do it also with the CPU... Gonna change the thermal paste on the GPU (the CPU is fine, 60C on full load :) ), and then i'm gonna check the temps, but still, have you seen how my GPU looks, that fan is a total crap... I think yours can be used in a factory in air vents :D By the way, thank you for your time. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 17:36:56 PM »
I've cleaned it, put the new paste, and still the same problem, but i noticed that the fan doesn't work properly so, yeah, i'll have to buy a new fan...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 21:26:07 PM »
the idiots guide that i followed to help with over heating is a 12 inch desk fan blowing straight into my pc means cleaning it more often but it works for me but i also live in england where it does not get over 30 degrees that often lol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 21:56:04 PM »
Yep, here is 38C, and 25-30C over night... It sounds like i'm in Saudi Arabia, but i'm actually in Serbia :D I will try that, but we will see...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 22:27:41 PM »
Paste? So your CPU is heating up now? Again, clean the heatsink, and I mean a really good clean!

As for the fan, I would assume the fan would be interchangeable, can't you buy a new fan and swop it out?

And did you clean your case fans?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 22:29:28 PM by [NRNS]LT-R-MACGREGOR »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 00:07:12 AM »
I didn't change the paste on the CPU, i didn't have to, my temps on full load are about 60C.. :D

I don't have case fans :D I've done like a full clean of the fan on the GPU, i've taken it apart, applied new thermal paste, and still, same problem, but i said, i've noticed that the fan is not working properly...

I'll have to change it, and yeah, new fans for GPU are too expensive for me, i don't have money right now...

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 00:47:30 AM »
Also, i wanted to ask, is it possible to put a CPU cooler on GPU? :D

• Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »

Here's my tip Hodoje, to help you till you get some money for whatever setup you wish to purchase, if you have a old cooler(fan) from a CPU/GPU that you arent using.
It's kind of a workshop solution but its practical and it worked for me in the past lol.
Remove it/them, and solder (nakalemi)  the fan cable to a phone charger the V and Amperage is quite similar and it will make it work, just stick it somewhere inside your case and set it to blow on to the critical area, it's not an ideal solution but it works lol, jack the phone charger into a wall and voila you got a makeshift PC fan ^.^/
Cuz practical solutions <3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
My troll senses are tingling now :P

So wait, your PC case has no fans at all? It must have

And how is buying a new fan for a GPU more exmpensive than buying a new GPU itself?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:31:29 AM by [NRNS]LT-R-MACGREGOR »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »

Here's my tip Hodoje, to help you till you get some money for whatever setup you wish to purchase, if you have a old cooler(fan) from a CPU/GPU that you arent using.
It's kind of a workshop solution but its practical and it worked for me in the past lol.
Remove it/them, and solder (nakalemi)  the fan cable to a phone charger the V and Amperage is quite similar and it will make it work, just stick it somewhere inside your case and set it to blow on to the critical area, it's not an ideal solution but it works lol, jack the phone charger into a wall and voila you got a makeshift PC fan ^.^/
Cuz practical solutions <3

Looooool :D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 11:39:18 AM »
My troll senses are tingling now :P

So wait, your PC case has no fans at all? It must have

And how is buying a new fan for a GPU more exmpensive than buying a new GPU itself?

Yep, it doesn't have, i'll look into buying them, i meant i can't afford NEW fans, i can buy only retail ones....

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming