login

Author Topic: Need Help Related C#  (Read 769 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Need Help Related C#
« on: March 31, 2015, 17:20:38 PM »
I have developed a little project that turns your Wi-Fi Device into virtual router allows you to share your PC's Ethernet Connection over a hotspot. So far everything is working good. But the problem comes When My retard professor told me to deploy it on Linux. The project that i have developed is  targeted for .Net Framework 3.5.
and I am pretty much hopeless to Run it on Linux. Any Advice from you guys will be help full.
I have already tried mono. But no luck. The only option left for me to developed entire project from scratch in C. Since only 4 days left submit that assignment, I am screwed.
But still if anyone of you is able to find solution how can i run c# code to linux. I'll Be great full.
I am attaching Source Code.
Tony if you Microsoft ID i will add you to TFS.
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

• Date Tagged: Apr 2007
  • (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Related C#
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 17:35:30 PM »
I dont have a clue how to help you, never touched C# ,i googled and found this, maybe it will help you how to start.

Have you read about Mono.NET on http://www.mono-project.com?

It allows you to write .NET apps for Linux with minor differences over the Microsoft implementation. I don't think wine will cope with any of the .NET components.

Just read the documentation before and you have a go.

PS: This also gives you the compatibility list between mono and .NET. http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility and MoMA(mono migration analyzer) is a tool that will scan any .NET app already created to see if its compatible to deploy on linux.
"We do have rules, however, we can bypass those at any time if that means we can have something meaningful out of it."
Please do not PM me with unban/support questions, i will ignore them. You will get for sure faster responses when you post it in the right forum board.  Thank you.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 20:08:46 PM »
i wish i could help you but i only learned using windows C# not with linux version so i wish you good luck Suraj

• No Retreat No Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 20:42:29 PM »
Good luck bro

Thanks Yellow for the sign :)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 02:59:02 AM »
I tried moma. So far no errors for that analyser but when I compile a code it shows errors.
I wait for a day,if any solution comes up ill take it. Or other wise I have start with c programming. The problem is have to write code for everything even for dhcp server. And 4 I guess wont be enough. I wish I ha dc proficiency in java.
That retard professor.
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming