Author Topic: discord empty?  (Read 3997 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
discord empty?
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
i have made an account for discoerd but in 3 days notr seen a soul on it did i do something wrong?

• View Profile
Re: discord empty?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 15:49:15 PM »
Have you joined the NRNS Discord server? We have people in the server constantly.

I copied some stuff out of the members 'Connect to Discord' topic and pasted here for people who aren't in the forum Member group: How to join NRNS Discord server.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 15:53:47 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 20:05:28 PM »
been there for 4 days now still not spoken to a soul what is going on? i can see members on the right side of the screen when i log in i am on the left and can swap between rooms but never a soul there

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 23:47:39 PM »
Are you stu75#6230? If so you're in the right server but i'm not sure what you mean about no one there and no messages. We currently have 25 users online and you should be able to see the entire server chat history above your message. Here is a screenshot of the NRNS Discord server: https://i.imgur.com/7mpYyqe.png

If that's not you, make sure you click the correct join link for NRNS (ie: https://discord.gg/vrWJTAV).
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:37:29 AM »
ok so i am on the correct server so where the hell is everyone? why have i sat there for hours without someone speaking to me? and does no one bother to join to chat anymore? nrns never used to leave players for days

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 13:20:24 PM »
I will be on later today. We just got conquest the server running for bf2 so we have had a bot server and discord was not required because we had no admin tool.

So people have been on the bot server but not on discord.

I will warn and or kick any members who are not on the discord and are on the non-bot server,so players will have to join discord or be removed from non bot server.
[NRNS]oldman1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 15:20:15 PM »
why have i sat there for hours without someone speaking to me? and does no one bother to join to chat anymore? nrns never used to leave players for days
Probably because you didn't speak to anyone or post anything? The climate on Discord is slightly different from that of Teamspeak or Ventrilio. While users connected to the NRNS server via those platforms were assumed to be actively engaged in NRNS activities, users on NRNS Discord might be (and now-days, without the EU server, are almost certainty) doing something completely unrelated to NRNS. It's expected that if someone wants to chat they'll write something. Maybe that's not very NRNS, but that's the way it is on Discord in-general. Spamming (and yes it is viewed as spamming to a lot of people on Discord) random unknown people by talking directly to them (ie: pinging) while they're doing other things will cause a lot of them to leave.

If you're talking about the voice chat rooms, the above doesn't apply so much but you're still going to run into the following issues:
  • Until you introduce yourself or let people get to know you you're just a stranger.
  • The voice rooms are pushed to the bottom of the channel list, reducing visibility. If you don't make a post that you're in a voice room wanting to chat with anyone it's likely people won't notice, or won't know that you want them to join.
  • Some people just don't like to voice chat...Reasons could be:
    • They don't think they speak the same language as you or are uncomfortable speaking the language you use (or assume you speak English and are not comfortable with English).
    • They don't want to be distracted by voice chat or by any invasive (ie non-passive) chat mode.
    • They don't have a working mic setup.
    • They just plain don't like using their voice to communicate.

Not everyone on the NRNS Discord is there to chat. Some are just there for info, announcements, or because they liked NRNS and wanted to bookmark us or w/e. The people who post messages are the ones who end up chatting.

For example: I have 30 servers connected to my Discord account. I'm active in maybe 4-5 of them. The rest I completely ignore unless I need some information from them or get pinged. If I get pinged too often with posts that are not relevant to me I leave the server.

As far as 'the people who know you would have known your new username'... Take a look at the chat history. How many of the active posters do you recognize and you remember chatting with in the past? How many of them would you expect to recognize you (by either stu75 or [NRNS]MOVIN)? How many would you expect would be able to pick you out of a list of 50 other 'online' but silent users? It's up to you what name you use on Discord but I always strongly recommend using the name you're published by (ie your actual username on forums), rather than a name that requires some inside knowledge or history to map back to who you are.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 15:24:50 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 16:53:04 PM »
yeh fair point about the name i had sent a message to both stoner and sophie when i saw them on with a green icon i am stuck as to how i can talk to someone as it seems the voice chat side of things is not used at all either that or i have made one huge booboo (and that would suprise no one lol)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 16:57:37 PM »
bring back ventrillo i knew how to use that one lmao

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 17:51:05 PM »
yay found neil on there but i have issues hearing him i have changed headsets and ports and everything my end i can any suggestions?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 18:07:54 PM »
If it's just low volume you can try increasing the volume for just Discord (using your system volume options -> Volume Control/Mixer -> Raise the dial/bar for Discord (Discord might not be in the list unless it's actively making noise)). Discord also has some audio settings in the settings page.

I don't have much experience with Discord voice chat but it's very widely used so there's bound to be a way to fix whatever issue you're having.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 19:48:21 PM »
i tryed all i could but couldnt hear neil he could hear me tho and the headset works for music and video chat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 19:53:47 PM »
So you couldn't hear at all?  Make sure your speakers aren't muted (within Discord). There's a headphone icon in the bottom left corner. If it has a red line through it you wont be able to receive audio. You can also make sure your output device is set correctly or just do a few text to speech messages (for example in the bot commands channel EDIT: this is disabled on the NRNS Discord (for good reason i guess) but you can test in a temporary custom server) to verify that Discord is actually making noise.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 19:57:49 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 16:37:41 PM »
sorted it there is a little tiny volume dial on my headset i never knew about lol but hell that dont surprise me lol

• I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:14 AM »
im in, jump in bro, omg Stu, quick hahaha

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming