Author Topic: £41 to revive the BF2 city maps server  (Read 5371 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Re: £41 to revive the BF2 city maps server
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 18:34:15 PM »
I asked DR-EVIL about this idea a couple days ago, but he hasn't answered me yet. Does anyone know if it is possible to host one more server on the US box?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 16:38:51 PM »
I asked DR-EVIL about this idea a couple days ago, but he hasn't answered me yet. Does anyone know if it is possible to host one more server on the US box?

Yes,we have a city and air maps server now at 192.95.55.248 port 16567 not showing up in the list,not sure why.

Please join me and let others know on our bot server when you see others ask them to check out our other server with the same i.p. number and the default port number 16567.

Thank You for play here at [NRNS] server and enjoy your time here.

I have asked for help and I hope to get it fixed. ( The not showing up on the bf2hub list but you can join via I.P. and port numbers.)

Please check it out it has a city map then an air map.
[NRNS]oldman1960

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 16:49:06 PM »
if you swap the ports of the bot server with city maps it will show and the bot server wont.

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 20:22:01 PM »
If we give it it's own port,not the default number then maybe it will show up?With some luck the bot server also show up,I hope? ???

I am still learning how to use the set up part of admin tool so Dr Evil you have a user set up by me see your p.m.

[thanks for the idea Dr Evil.]

I will let everyone know if it works or not.

I do not have a user on the bot server so I do not have access to the numbers needed.
[NRNS]oldman1960

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 23:23:36 PM »
My offer to swap the port numbers still stands (which server you want listed is something the BF2 leadership needs to decide and let us know). Of course, ideally they would both be listed but I'm not familiar with how the server was setup and why the port(s) is being blocked. Nothing I tried worked other than Dr. Evil's idea of swapping the port numbers. I finished a massive work project last night so I'll have some free time to try some more ... extreme ideas, or try contacting the people who set up the server and might know how to allow the port.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 12:01:33 PM »
Well... it's woking now. ... sort of.

After lots of debugging and finding out that the query port is not actually being blocked, I figured trying a fresh install was more than called for... the new server worked flawlessly more or less out of the box. :P I copied the relevant settings I could find from the hidden server. There is now almost no difference between the query replies of the new server and the hidden one, the settings are more or less the same, just different ports. I'm not sure what was wrong with the hidden one but maybe it was using a port that BF2Hub has banned or something.  ::)

The hidden server is still running so oldman can retrieve any settings I missed. Please let me know if/when it's no longer needed so I can switch it off. Also please let me know if there's anything else needed to get the server working as desired.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 13:14:03 PM »
We have a few issues,first some gun kit's still not modded.

Also some maps are not with choppers like Sharqi Peninsula.

I just looked at the old server it is still up and running. It still has the gun kits modded and still 16567 join port same ip as both other server?

If we could figure out that server then we could set up a city maps server on the new one?

What port did you change to fix the first copy of the server?

Can you try to do it again and see if it works?

We are still not getting much use on the servers so change will be needed to get players to play on the servers we host.

Thanks for all your help.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 17:34:56 PM by [NRNS]oldman1960 »
[NRNS]oldman1960

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 04:40:56 AM »
I thought I transferred all the mods from the hidden server but I may have missed something. Afaik:

• The new server is running the same maps as the hidden server (the maps are modded, flags moved, etc).
  • The new server should have the same weapon mods as the hidden server (if not can you please point out a kit with a glaring difference that I can use while testing?).
  • Each server (3 of them: Bot, hidden, new) are set up with their own set of ports. None should conflict. I don't know the ports offhand but the connection port should be listed when connecting to the server from the server list (if the hidden server's join port is 16567 the new server's join port is probably 16467).
  • The IP address points to the server box which is the US box and will be the same for all servers we host on it (192.95.55.248). The IP address determines which physical machine we're communicating with and the port determines which game server on the machine we're connecting to.
  • The hidden server is still hidden. I don't know why, I was unable to fix it. I consider it to be deprecated and only running so we can make sure to get the new server set up like the old one was set up (mods, etc). If we want another BF2 server (and if council approves) we can set up another one from scratch and just delete the hidden server when we're sure we've copied all wanted mods from it..

I'll recheck all this tomorrow after a meeting (I'm approaching 48 hours uptime and my brain atm is mush). If you know of a mod on one of the servers that you would like copied to the new server please let me know which mod and which server it is currently active on and I'll do my best to copy it over.

Edit: Sorry, didn't get to it today, consult ran a lot longer than anticipated. Have added to my to-do list but there are now a few things higher on the list. If anyone knows answers to or has ideas about the above points please share as they could help point me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:18:38 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 13:51:51 PM »
I did some additional testing (side by side: hidden/new/bot) and wasn't able to see any difference in the gun mods. Though I did notice that the kit unlocks weren't unlocked on the new server. Is that what you meant? I still don't know what file(s) are responsible for kit unlocks but have managed to get those unlocked by copying every non-config file from the bot/hidden server to the new server (so the weapon, vehicle, and player mods as well as the maps on the new server should be identical to those on the hidden or bot servers).

I think that gets me caught up with the requests here. If not please remind me and provide further information. :) I'm going to try to be on Discord more often but I do check Discord and this forum frequently (and get emails to my phone when offline).

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 13:09:33 PM »
I was on yesterday and all kit's working now.
[NRNS]oldman1960

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming