login

Author Topic: Cant get online to play  (Read 1163 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Cant get online to play
« on: November 21, 2018, 23:11:12 PM »
Its probably been over 5 years since I have been on BF2 but I have now got a place with a more stable internet connection so thought I would give it a go again! I used to play a lot on NRNS servers 2009 -2013. Gezer, Gezer0101 and NRNSGezer0101 and was an admin on BF2 servers for a few years. Good to see there are still some familiar names kicking about here.

I am using an original CD that I installed the game from. When trying to log into the online servers it wont let me and says "you have failed to connect. Please check your network's connections and try again"

Could this be something to do with router ports? Thanks for any help!

Hopefully I can get back on and try my hand at a bit of karkand again ;) If its still going!?

• View Profile
Re: Cant get online to play
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 03:21:06 AM »
Hi Gezer. Welcome back to BF2 and NRNS. A lot has changed for BF2 in the last 5 years. An original BF2 CD can still be used to install BF2 but 3rd party tools are needed to enable you to connect to BF2 servers. We have an install and connection guide here: BF2 Installation and connection Guide (BF2Hub)

I think our BF2 bot server is still running but our Karkand and City maps servers have been closed (I might be wrong, our server list is not currently functional).

Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues connecting. You can also find us on Discord for (usually) quicker help.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 15:08:29 PM »
 Bot server was running good last night. loads of fun !!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 19:44:04 PM »
Cheers for that. I will take a better look over it at some point.

What involved with a "bot server"? Its not just bots!?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:10:50 AM »
It's co-op vs a horde of bots that (seem to) scale with number of players. It can be a challenge just to hold a flag alone but is usually winable with a few other players. The bots aren't very smart but they shoot a lot of bullets. :)
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming