Author Topic: Hard camping, camping with tents and gas stoves.  (Read 5521 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Hard camping, camping with tents and gas stoves.
« on: May 31, 2015, 20:20:26 PM »
I think its really pathetic that NRNS members feel they have to camp to get kills. Most COD4 players know that camping is stupid, its not something any fps player would ever want to be known for and its just a bad style.
If everyone is just camping then what is the point?
There is already one NRNS member who camps more than he should and now we have another one. You all want to keep the server alive but people are already getting pissed off because of campers in the servers. Worst of all is that its NRNS members. I wont post any vids or mention names because apparently camping is allowed, really stupid rule but anyway if this is allowed then id rather not play on NRNS servers anymore, I only play here to support you guys by helping to keep the player count up, not because I get the lowest ping or the best game.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 20:24:44 PM by PappaWheely »

• View Profile
Re: Hard camping, camping with tents and gas stoves.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 20:56:43 PM »
I'm sad to read this but can only agree. Although it is not forbidden, especially NRNS members should be a good example for all the others and play in a way to make it fun for everyone. I hope the involved persons read this and ask themselves if they are helping us with this attitude.

• Date Tagged: 2013-05-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:28:24 AM »
I think its really pathetic that NRNS members feel they have to camp to get kills. Most COD4 players know that camping is stupid, its not something any fps player would ever want to be known for and its just a bad style.
If everyone is just camping then what is the point?
There is already one NRNS member who camps more than he should and now we have another one. You all want to keep the server alive but people are already getting pissed off because of campers in the servers. Worst of all is that its NRNS members. I wont post any vids or mention names because apparently camping is allowed, really stupid rule but anyway if this is allowed then id rather not play on NRNS servers anymore, I only play here to support you guys by helping to keep the player count up, not because I get the lowest ping or the best game.
This.

He said the true, the worst think is that some members dont even know what they are doing. (see "sitting in one place behind 2 claymores with jugg it's sniping and not camping"). Others annoying behaves are also spamming nades every time they spawn.. and going afk to come back suddenly when ppl are going to kill them in they spawn (talking about EU3).
I can understand if it happens one time but if it becomes an attitude it makes ppl rage and quit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
papa dis moelik omte se hoe mense moet speel ek het gister weer gesukkel met iemand wat c4 die heel tyd my oblaas ek verstaan jou vrustrasies maar almal speel anders en dis moelik om almal gelukig tehou in bf2 het ons die selde problem met snipers maar dis hoe party speel en as ons reels moet maak hoe alles moet werk gaan almal daar oor moun en se wat hulle nie van hou nie

hoop jy verstaan ...nrns members moet eindlik n voorbeeld wees laat weet as ek kan help

groete van blou bul country killer

• germanische Kampflust ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 10:01:06 AM »
Spinner >:(

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
papa dis moelik omte se hoe mense moet speel ek het gister weer gesukkel met iemand wat c4 die heel tyd my oblaas ek verstaan jou vrustrasies maar almal speel anders en dis moelik om almal gelukig tehou in bf2 het ons die selde problem met snipers maar dis hoe party speel en as ons reels moet maak hoe alles moet werk gaan almal daar oor moun en se wat hulle nie van hou nie

hoop jy verstaan ...nrns members moet eindlik n voorbeeld wees laat weet as ek kan help

groete van blou bul country killer

hello killer! nee ek verstaan mense het hulle manier wat hulle speel, maar sos ek se camping is rerig net iets wat almal iritate, veral as dit nie n sniper is nie, as n siper camp dan is dit nie rerig erg nie want dis maar wat hulle doen en n snipe gee jou mos maar soms n disadvantage as jy gan rond hardloop met hom.
Dis net die players wat rerig hard camp, en ek praat van meer as 1 minute op een plek sal bly en na een spot sal aim.
Usually as n nuwe member gecamp het back in the day dan sou die nrns admin hom se om nie te camp ni, maar baie van dai admins het nrns al verlaat.
Net die ander dag het admins met my gestry oor hulle eie reels en toe was ek wel reg en het hulle n sekere reel gehad.
Ek dink net hulle moet n beter voorbeeld wes en nie n bad playing style vir hul self kry nie, dit vat sommer die quality van die server gou gou af.

Groete

PappaWheely

• Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 13:24:42 PM »
Camping is a style of play, it ends and begins with it. It is the primary number one type of defensive play, you may not like it but to look down on it is to look down on something that has been in competitive FPS since their inception.,

In COD4 a camper will get you because he is camping ONCE, if he is still camping he is still in the area, you know he is there and he doesn't know for sure that you are comming, so really you have the advantage, what with killcams, deep penetration, LMG's noobtubes, RPGS 3x FRAG you are given more than enough tools to deal with a camper, camping also has its uses in tactical play as it enables you to hold points , assume map dominance and dictate/predict enemy spawning, as such it is a invaluable tool in CoD Competitive play and pub MP as map control is 80% of a game's outcome.

Again you can say you don't like camping and that's fine but to take the mick out of someone because they have a different playstle is just silly. It is down right equivalent to me saying Snipers are cheap because I drink against them. To be fair there are many cheaper things in COD4 that people never bring up because the majority uses them *cough *cough no attachment MP5 *cough *cough

P.S. People who play with me know I never camp, just felt like needing to be the devils advocate here as well these posts sort of rub me the wrong way...

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 14:25:04 PM »
Camping is a style of play, it ends and begins with it. It is the primary number one type of defensive play, you may not like it but to look down on it is to look down on something that has been in competitive FPS since their inception.,

In COD4 a camper will get you because he is camping ONCE, if he is still camping he is still in the area, you know he is there and he doesn't know for sure that you are comming, so really you have the advantage, what with killcams, deep penetration, LMG's noobtubes, RPGS 3x FRAG you are given more than enough tools to deal with a camper, camping also has its uses in tactical play as it enables you to hold points , assume map dominance and dictate/predict enemy spawning, as such it is a invaluable tool in CoD Competitive play and pub MP as map control is 80% of a game's outcome.

Again you can say you don't like camping and that's fine but to take the mick out of someone because they have a different playstle is just silly. It is down right equivalent to me saying Snipers are cheap because I drink against them. To be fair there are many cheaper things in COD4 that people never bring up because the majority uses them *cough *cough no attachment MP5 *cough *cough

P.S. People who play with me know I never camp, just felt like needing to be the devils advocate here as well these posts sort of rub me the wrong way...

HBut but the cod4 admins are very very very against having kill cam on!! I know why.
Ive just never heard anyone thinking that camping is positive, ive been playing cod4 for many many many years and camping has always been looked down upon.
You go to any onther server thats not nrns and they will have a no camping rule, or strickt rules about how long a player is allowed to stay on one spot, its usually 3 shots and then move on, and thats for snipers only.

If this is the attitude here I wont be playing on the nrns cod4 servers anymore. Its the weakest style of fps game play ive ever came across.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 14:36:31 PM »
Vendetta, what you say is applicable to Search and Destroy, and perhaps Sabotage. There you could consider camping a 'tactical style' or somesuch.

But for Team Deathmatch and especially FFA there really is no reason for anybody to camp THAT hard. I reckon there is a difference between playing carefully and downright just playing lazy.  Most other players make this distinction as well. They wont merely call somebody out for camping a BIT, or having a SLIGHTLY campy style  because on NRNS people are generally tolerant of all styles of gameplay. So when it gets mentioned in the forums, perhaps it is a real issue. 

I'm not the type to make waves, but since it has been brought up, this is my 2c.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 14:59:25 PM »
Camping is a part of every games.. there's lot of methods to kill campers. I used to rape all campers on Cod when I was playing. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 20:28:38 PM by [NRNS] wheys »

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 15:13:15 PM »
Camping is a part of every games.. there's lot of methods to kill campers. I used to rape all campers on Cod when I was playing. :)

rape is no laughing matter you know, really shouldn't use that word so loosely. 
I understand, but this is the first time ive had people defend camping.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 15:47:04 PM »
Vendetta, what you say is applicable to Search and Destroy, and perhaps Sabotage. There you could consider camping a 'tactical style' or somesuch.

But for Team Deathmatch and especially FFA there really is no reason for anybody to camp THAT hard. I reckon there is a difference between playing carefully and downright just playing lazy.  Most other players make this distinction as well. They wont merely call somebody out for camping a BIT, or having a SLIGHTLY campy style  because on NRNS people are generally tolerant of all styles of gameplay. So when it gets mentioned in the forums, perhaps it is a real issue. 

m not the type to make waves, but since it has been brought up, this is my 2c.

No you are wrong. People always complain in FPS games so the fact that it is mentioned doesn't rlly make it an issue, but to the topic at hand. Camping is even more usefull in TDM or FFA as you again funnel spawns by holding points making sure your team gets the kills w/o dying hence increasing their team score while at the same time disallowing the enemy to get kills on their team, so its actually more usefull in TDM and FFA than SND or objective based modes, as objective based modes rely on movement and adaptation to a changing set of objectives.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 15:48:21 PM »

I understand, but this is the first time ive had people defend camping.

Don't take it too much personal, but uncase people maybe offended, gonna put a spoiler. lol

There's always a way to kill campers, you can use explosives or a runner class. You can also tactical camp yourself with a sniper until you kill the camper and switch to your normal outfits.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 15:49:40 PM »

A term is offensive because of the context attributed to it, in this case the word RAPE was used as slang in FPS game meaning to Anihilate, Defeat or completely overcome the enemy. It is not used in the context of forced sexual assault and advances, so he said nothing wrong...

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 15:52:50 PM »

If this is the attitude here I wont be playing on the nrns cod4 servers anymore. Its the weakest style of fps game play ive ever came across.

Not to sound like a twat mate but... then don't .....NRNS is not a provider of content for you it is a gaming community of like minded individuals, if it isn't to your preference I am sorry, but what you gonna do such is life.....

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming