Author Topic: Bf2 server balance/tips  (Read 2636 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
Bf2 server balance/tips
« on: February 29, 2016, 21:15:50 PM »
I havê already replied to the nrns server feedback km battlelog (https://battlelog.co/post.php?id=13751&page=3#)
Since the thread never got replied, I am opening a topic here, só the admin council can ser this.

I am a consistent player on NRNS servers, because I get the lowest ping possible and the weapons hit something at least.
Oposed to many other servers where they hit nothing.

Let me clear some of this and try to give the best input I can.

Snipers one-shoting.
In my opinion the ONLY sniper that should one-shot IS the M95. Why? Cause its the most powerfull sniper in the game and can shoot through reinforced glass easily.
The M24 should leave non armoured troops (medics/specs...) at 10%hp and armoured ones at 25% (anti-tank, suports...)
The L9 should do the above but 5% hp for non armoured troops and 15% armoured ones. Or something close to this.
SVD and QBU-98 are fine.
At this moment, NRNS servers are camping grounds for snipers, since it doesn't require almost any skill to snipe. Just aim, shoot, repeat 500.

One shoting APC and Armour.
I think its fine, because it prevents armoured vehicle abuse (engineers everywhere!), which leads to spawn rape and ruins the game.
Do you remember those servers in that 2 tanks with engineers could conquer the entire map? That's idiotic.
I hate tank who**ing!

Weapon damage and accuracy pumped up.
Great, this is how BF2 should be. I got mad a lot of times in other servers due to the disgusting hitbox.
A bit on the plus side, sometimes its a bit spray and pray, but its fine for me. You just need to get used to it.
THE BIGGEST THING THAT MATTERS IS THE PING! Sometimes its ridiculous, but thats the way BF2 was coded.

Rules.
This is my main doubt/issue.
"No baserape/spawn kill" , yet on Sharqi Peninsula MEC forces are constantly base raping the USMC TV Station with the chopper (Mi-28). WTF??
Also, some admins need more discretion before punishing people.
Ex: If someone is passing through the spawn and kills someone , its ok. but if an admin is killed that way, the killer is kicked right away. Soooo, admins are like god? Not good.

The other things are fine for me.
Love the points system. 10/10

**Someone replied this:**
"1 shot kill sniper mod is fantastic.
10 second re-spawn is also decent.
Permanent sprint bar also a nice touch.

One suggestion for all maps server would be to reduce the "Fog of War" on both Karkland and Blue Pearl slightly to increase sniping range but that's purely because I favor the sniper kits. 1 or 2 additional maps would be a cherry on top.

The all maps server is the only 1 I can play on without ping/lag issues as I'm based in Cape Town, SA.

Thanks so much for the effort you guys put in to bring BF2 back (extended to all parties involved), nothing quite matches up to the game play experience on BF2 (imo).

Thanks and regards. "

**To which I replied:**
 "agree on the sprint bar, and the 10 sec respawn is balanced.

Other thing is that BF2 is old as hell, but DICE will never release such a masterpiece in coming years. BF3 and BF4 are utter crap 

Now, on the sniper sugestion I completely disagree!
Snipers received a massive buff, which needs balancing.
They are already one shoting everyone with little efort. That's why on a team with 25 players, almost 15 of them are snipers...

Removing/reducing the fog of war would screw the maps even more, since you would have pretty much more camping!
And maps like Karkand and Blue Pearl that are suposed to be infantry oriented, you would have more sniper campers?? Big no.
Like I said above, snipers need balance, because with the accuracy buff, you need almost 0 skill to snipe. 
I'm not saying that there aren't good snipers, I am a sniper myself from time to time... But lots of times when I was sure to miss the shot, I shot anyways just to try, and many of those times I got a kill.

Best thing that NRNS could do in my opinion, is to try and create an AIX2.0 server . (it's vanilla settings are perfect for MP without modding anything)"

Thank you all.

*hoping that machete sees this*
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:01:09 AM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• View Profile
Re: Bf2 server balance.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 22:34:47 PM »
Rules.
"No baserape/spawn kill" , yet on Sharqi Peninsula MEC forces are constantly base raping the USMC TV Station with the chopper (Mi-28). WTF??
While on all other maps Mec's are being raped. There is not 1 map on Air Aces and only 1 map on City Maps where MEC team has a handicap of safe base and more credits on start while USMC has NO BASE. Main purpose of the Mi-28 chopper is eliminate AH-1Z. Wiping out ground forces is easy because Mi's mini gun is like auto granade launcher. The problem of spawn killing with it is only on TV Tower, nowhere else which leads me to conclusion that problem is with 2 spawn places located on the Tower and not with chopper that attacks it. If they were placed 1 and 2 levels lower spawn camping with chopper wouldn't be a deal ANYMORE. USMC has all it needs to defend from that chopper - 2 stingers, tank, cars and brave Anti-tanks :P and AH-1Z Cobra which is far better in chopper duels.
If there is any doubt about further attacks on the TV tower please be fair and do not attack MEC's (China's) last flags :) It is very hard to take it back :(

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 00:49:59 AM »
Rules.
While on all other maps Mec's are being raped. There is not 1 map on Air Aces and only 1 map on City Maps where MEC team has a handicap of safe base and more credits on start while USMC has NO BASE. Main purpose of the Mi-28 chopper is eliminate AH-1Z. Wiping out ground forces is easy because Mi's mini gun is like auto granade launcher. The problem of spawn killing with it is only on TV Tower, nowhere else which leads me to conclusion that problem is with 2 spawn places located on the Tower and not with chopper that attacks it. If they were placed 1 and 2 levels lower spawn camping with chopper wouldn't be a deal ANYMORE. USMC has all it needs to defend from that chopper - 2 stingers, tank, cars and brave Anti-tanks :P and AH-1Z Cobra which is far better in chopper duels.
If there is any doubt about further attacks on the TV tower please be fair and do not attack MEC's (China's) last flags :) It is very hard to take it back :(

The problem is that the AA gun is weak agains the MI... It should destroy it in 2 shots, and that rarely happens...

Also, many people deliberately fly the MI just to rape the TV Station.
The AH-IZ is better at duels, but the MI excells in base killing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 00:52:36 AM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• "Early Access" games ... Do u mean Beta Forever?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 14:40:29 PM »
Server unbalanced?  Thats what I do everyday it happens
1st Change to the weak team (camper team, cause nobody is noob in bf2 lol)
2nd Make a squad , get the squad lead and make your squad members spawn on you next to the flags
3rd Start capturing all the flags as possible
4th Now the weak team its the strong one (or at least the flag dominator)
5th Problem solved , Im doing  this everyday and it works for sure

About weapons / damage / others ... campers survive in all the servers since I started playing Fps and I just solved it killing them asap. If im not using sniper kit and I got killed by snipers, best you can do its hunting them. Take the sniper and give them their own medicine. 90% of them are always the same players using same spots day over day (roofs,hills,buldings ...) kill them 2 or 3 times on the same spot and u will see how they change the spot and the gameplay style (or leave the game lmao)

About spawnrape in Tv station ... get the downstairs spawnpoint and eryx the MiG (or use 1 of the 2 stingers they are placed around it)

:P :P :P :P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 16:45:33 PM »
2nd Make a squad , get the squad lead and make your squad members spawn on you next to the flags

About weapons / damage / others ... campers survive in all the servers since I started playing Fps and I just solved it killing them asap. If im not using sniper kit and I got killed by snipers, best you can do its hunting them. Take the sniper and give them their own medicine. 90% of them are always the same players using same spots day over day (roofs,hills,buldings ...) kill them 2 or 3 times on the same spot and u will see how they change the spot and the gameplay style (or leave the game lmao)

About spawnrape in Tv station ... get the downstairs spawnpoint and eryx the MiG (or use 1 of the 2 stingers they are placed around it)

+1

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 20:48:32 PM »

Did I said that the server was unbalanced? No.
Im just giving my opinion/tips...

Im not getting spawnraped.
Im talking what I see other players suffer, and can feel their frustation.
Do you think its a warm welcome to new players getting one shots by every camper (skilled or not)? Being spawnraped by a chopper with a free grenade launcher?

So, every  sniper bolt action sniper in the game is one shoting and its balanced? (Yes the m24 doenst oneshot armoured troops)
Thats wrong in so many ways, imo.

The l9 is the most acurate sniper in the game and one shots everyone. Balanced?
M95 which nas the higher caliber in the game, is the least acurate and has no damage diference. Balanced?
At least balance the damage out put.
So that way a water gun is as dangerous as a grenade launcher?

You speak to me, like I'm a noob.
Granted, I'm no pro, but I sure know that the server could use more balancing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 20:51:45 PM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 03:31:13 AM »
BUMP?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 08:11:28 AM »
I don't know what to say. :)

TV station spawn points were put inside of the tower, so in case you do spawn on the top, you don't get immediately killed by Mi-28 like you used to. This is the only MEC map where MEC has safebase and US doesn't so MEC is allowed to kill US helicopter while taking off. That's part of overall "balance", where most maps MEC gets pounded.

If you do need to kill MEC helicopter, spawn downstairs and use one of 2 stingers on each side of the tower or get better at tank shooting helicopters. :)

As for sniper rifle, M95 and L96 are equal in accuracy and M95 is stronger. But L96 is faster reload and smaller crosshair, so people choose it. Arguably sniper rifles are not the strongest weapon in the game.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 08:42:03 AM »

TV station spawn points were put inside of the tower, so in case you do spawn on the top, you don't get immediately killed by Mi-28 like you used to. This is the only MEC map where MEC has safebase and US doesn't so MEC is allowed to kill US helicopter while taking off. That's part of overall "balance", where most maps MEC gets pounded.

If you do need to kill MEC helicopter, spawn downstairs and use one of 2 stingers on each side of the tower or get better at tank shooting helicopters. :)

As for sniper rifle, M95 and L96 are equal in accuracy and M95 is stronger. But L96 is faster reload and smaller crosshair, so people choose it. Arguably sniper rifles are not the strongest weapon in the game.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »
Lol spawn raped
Spawn did trend flag

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 17:06:37 PM »

The upper spawn point inside the tower is very open to the chopper gun.
Anyway, Im not mainly complaining about the chopper, as I almost always use less common routes and spawns and ignore the chopper when I can. The chopper is annoying, I grant you that :p
The stinger, should 2-shot the MI-28, and thats not hapening with it at full HP.

But no, my biguest "complain" is sniping, which is promoting hard camping. 20 players in a team, 12 are snipers... Thats gotta mean something.
There should be a diference in power between the M95 and the L9, like the diference they have in accuracy.
I think city maps, is an infantry-based server, but with snipers this way, camping is a very effective solution.
They already dont require to aim the socpe at close range, hip fire shooting will do perfectly.
And dont make me talk about snipers with auto-click... There are a few using that, its hard to spot though.

This is my opinion, some will agree, some will not.
Thats how things work.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 17:20:55 PM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
Re: Bf2 server balance/tips
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 05:08:14 AM »
You could always make the rules scroll down in-game with a prompt.

I remember I played on a server (=ALZ= on AIX2.0), that if you typed "!rules" it would scroll them on the screen (like warnings) for all players to see.
You could add something like this.
I don't know if this works out of the box on "normal" BF2.

You could improve the autoadmin too, by setting it to detect "no claymore zones" (like it does on "stealing vehicles".

Am I rushing things?
I just want to help... (sorry)

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming