Author Topic: Just, like, my opinion man  (Read 959 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Just, like, my opinion man
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:27:43 AM »
I posted some feedback on the BF2 NRNS servers over on the Battlelog forum and they said this is a better place for it, so here.

--

I started playing BF again about a month ago and NRNS is where I've played the most so far. Until today, when I found out I'm banned that is. But I'll be fair anyway.

I like that the vehicles respawn quickly. No more waiting for choppers and jets. The new spawn points are cool and there's plenty for everyone, which was a problem before. The bad side of this is being spawnbombed over ten times in a row, which happens all the time.

The weapon damage boost is fun, but it turns the game into "spray and pray". No need to aim in order to actually hit something. When I spawn I have to travel across the map, which takes forever (assuming I'm not bombed on the way), and then the firefight is over in three seconds. Hiding in cover, flanking enemies, controlling recoil - these nuances of combat are gone. Extra points for style and tactics are nice, but they don't offset the loss of combat dynamics.

Rule enforcement gets two thumbs up from me. Baseraping ruins the game more than anything. It's the main reason I gave up on BF back in the day, so I very much appreciate the lack of it here.

There's a slight bug with the automatic punishment though - when I play Spec Ops and go for the enemy assets with a vehicle I get instakilled for "stealing vehicles" when I try to use that same one to get out of there. I mean come on, I brought my own and didn't shoot at anyone :) This is not something I get especially hung up on, I know code is only so smart, but still it would be nice if I didn't necessarily have to lay down my life when C4-ing artillery and stuff. Playing Spec Ops is about risk. Now I no longer have the fun of stirring the beehive and making it out in one piece.

One hit sniper kills don't really bother me. Isn't that the point of sniper rifles? I'm terrible at sniping but I don't mind this change.

Tanks. Omg. Who the hell came up with making them turn instantaneously? And why? I'm truly, truly perplexed by this.

And the thing I dislike the most - one-hitting any vehicle with AT missles? Really? I can see the logic if it's cars, jets, helis, boats, but tanks and APCs? They're glass cannons now. I am actually more vulnerable in a tank than on foot. How does that make sense?

--

These are my impressions so far. Oh, and I've already posted an unban request, so we'll see what happens.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming