Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 4511 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 00:42:59 AM »
How about this, for one week no claymore, see how the players react and if the game enjoyment increases.
Then second week allow one claymore per sniper kit and test it again.

We can discuss this for months but without real data we dont have enough info to make an informed decision.

Lets do the test and see the results ok?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 01:44:08 AM »
How about this, for one week no claymore, see how the players react and if the game enjoyment increases.
Then second week allow one claymore per sniper kit and test it again.

We can discuss this for months but without real data we dont have enough info to make an informed decision.

Lets do the test and see the results ok?
+1
(.)                                  ____

• i'm getting better in better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 02:08:14 AM »
hahahaha why are you angry to the snipers..Hey Bic claymores are defense armor of the sniper because of there weapon capability 1 bullet per 2 second ,not like medic or etc that can explode and spray there bullets in many rounds per second understand mate,,try to use sniper may be you  felt what i'm saying..relax..i am angry to those snipers who kill me in pistol while im using the medics riffle its so stupid or sometimes i foot those mines in a many times,but its only a game and i wish you were change you feelings when you use that weapons as a  armor ( claymores) take l96A its good and have a peace of mind..
please  don't touch  my chik!!!!h

appreciate gods creation and appreciation everything..is the best..

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 15:48:17 PM »
hahahaha why are you angry to the snipers..Hey Bic claymores are defense armor of the sniper because of there weapon capability 1 bullet per 2 second ,not like medic or etc that can explode and spray there bullets in many rounds per second understand mate,,try to use sniper may be you  felt what i'm saying..relax..i am angry to those snipers who kill me in pistol while im using the medics riffle its so stupid or sometimes i foot those mines in a many times,but its only a game and i wish you were change you feelings when you use that weapons as a  armor ( claymores) take l96A its good and have a peace of mind..

they rarely get used for defense, most of the time they are set all over spawn points

• Still loving you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 16:38:44 PM »

they rarely get used for defense, most of the time they are set all over spawn points

+1

Still loving you...

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 14:08:57 PM »
There are rules (multiple) regarding that issue too.

It seems that once again, we're trying to make changes to accomplish something we already have in place.

Seems like this whole topic can be summarized with the following Boolean logic:

if (we have a problem with snipers) AND (the problem with snipers is the claymore) AND (the problem with claymore is that people break the rules with it) THEN (warn/kick/ban just like with any other broken rule)

Or simplified:
  • Problem: Players breaking rules.
  • Solution: Warn/KickBan.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Diviertete que el tiempo corre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 18:16:43 PM »
Totally clear
Ariel. River Plate el mejor.

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 21:00:36 PM »
So what is the final Call

Yes Or No
   Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

• put the lime on the coconut
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 04:55:02 AM »
There are rules (multiple) regarding that issue too.

It seems that once again, we're trying to make changes to accomplish something we already have in place.

Seems like this whole topic can be summarized with the following Boolean logic:

if (we have a problem with snipers) AND (the problem with snipers is the claymore) AND (the problem with claymore is that people break the rules with it) THEN (warn/kick/ban just like with any other broken rule)

Or simplified:
  • Problem: Players breaking rules.
  • Solution: Warn/KickBan.

I like you boolean logic argument .Totally agree with you at least on the part of '' problem : players breaking the rules , solution : w/k/b  ''

Dont know what is the solution to the problem as im not sure if there is a problem . I understand why people find annoying to be killed by claymores ...  but claymores are exactly so powerful as always has been , I would like to point this is the way our servers has reached the top of the ranking and I think no one, sniper or not, can denied that . Also I understand as clan we should promote teamwork but im not so sure should be making clays useless .

I have heard often there are too many snipers even heard most of players are using sniper kit in our servers ... Have we thought why ? (if so many play as sniper) Is good idea change what most of our players wants ?

If we try to focus this issue as if this would be our business in real life ... Would you change what most of your clients are looking for in your business ?

My personal opinion is there is not problem with clays or at least is not bigger than before . Im not agreed snipers only camp , even if they would be always camping ... camping is not against the rules and even if it would be against rules , you perfectly could camp with l8a51. Nobody here is speaking of reduce accuracy of L8a51 but I know by experience if you know use it is so accurate as sniper in long range and much more effective on medium short range in adittion you can shoot 30 bullets before reload and you have medic packs ....Nobody here speaking of P90 which is a laser beam of 50bullets before need to reload .

Not agreed claymores only are used to spawnkill , as sniper i can tell you that is not true ... If some use them with that intentiom as sir guy said is very easy , W/K/B  that is rulebreaking and is covered by the rules and we have protocols to punish it .

By the way , perhaps medics works in squad ... in fact normally the only kit on most of members of the squads is medic kit (if some tank appear may some take anti tank ), 1 squad -> 6 medics ... all of them reviving between them . Do you think that is teamwork? do you think that was the purpose of designers of the game ? Some say snipers only make cheap points ... how cheap are points earned by that way of playing instead making squads where each one use one of the kits and not all of them the same kit ? Where are the posts and suggestions complaining about that?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 06:02:55 AM »
Why would there be posts to complain about that? Yes that is team work and team work at its finest to keep your squad alive and taking flags. not sitting there with a one shot kill weapon aimed at a spawn point. And you say there is no rule about camping , Well I will be the first to inform you that spawncamping has been against NRNS rules since the first day our servers started. NRNS has had top servers since we opened them it isnt some new magical thing that just happened. Alot of the current players have been playing our servers for years and years. I see the same names now i saw 6 years ago or more. Claymores are over used and used wrong just as c4 and at mines in years past which we fixed and we still had our player base.
How is being medics cheap points???? Have you ever seen my k/d ratios from running into fire to revive my squad mates. they are terrible but that is how team work is. properly used the sniper kit can be very effective team player but it rarely is. "purpose of the designers of the game" well yes, yes it was or I wouldnt get team work points for revive them.

just so you know to this statement..."camping is not against the rules and even if it would be against rules "
- STOP SPAWNRAPING / STOP SPAWNKILL.
sitting there with sniper at spawn point is against those rules.

AND by the way I Never said clays were ONLY used at spawnpoints I said they are RARELY used elsewhere. And claymores being powerful is far from why our servers are populated. Our servers are populated and NRNS has the name it does in BF2 because all of the hours upon hours of work that we have put into making them that way over the years. Not sure why you always have to come off as though NRNS being top servers is something that just happened , they were top long before you were a member and always have been.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »
Spawn camping is a special type of camping. Spawn camping is against the rules. Camping is not. Camping is remaining in an area or otherwise covering a certain area instead of moving around the map/seeking targets elsewhere. Really doesn't have anything to do with spawn points unless it's spawn camping.

Server popularity has fallen and risen several times since even I've been here. As I recall getting the servers repopulated after switching to EU, and again after switching to 1.5 was hard going. Regardless, the point about most players choosing snipers is very valid. A metaphor: You operate a convenience store. There is a rival convenience store right next to yours. You sell three brands of an item. Each costs the same to you and the same to the customer. Brand A sells 5000, B sells 100, and C sells 10 units a week. You decide A is too popular and decide to remove it from your inventory. What do you think will happen to your sales and your customers? :P

If we want to go all-out to promote team playing each kit should only have 1 main weapon/item + knife and pistol. Sniper gets a sniper rifle. Anti-Tank gets a RPG. Assault gets a machine gun. Support gets an ammo pack. Medic gets a health pack. etc .... Then each member of the squad truly relies on each other member. No more Rambo. :P  Personally I think a bit of Rambo now and then brightens the BF2 experience. Remember: different people, different play styles, all valid.

Snipers may be rarely used 'properly' but that doesn't mean we should nerf it if the way in which they are being abused is already against the rules. . . I mean, it's really annoying when some players shoot out of the wall in Karkand. but that doesn't mean we should remove the map from the rotation just because some players are glitching into the wall. We ban the player because that's where the problem is.

@Pongo, yeah idk if there's a problem either, but if there is and the problem is that people are breaking rules ... I just hope we don't unnecessarily nerf a kit because people are breaking rules with it. We have enough duplicated rules and rule breakers already damage the game enough without causing us to change the core game in reaction to them. 'Fix the problem, not the symptom...' and all that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:28:33 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 08:52:43 AM »
Very nice post SirGuy. I Hope Ruiner read it and understand :)
Btw someone missed what was going on with bf2 over last 3 years.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »
Yes I understand, you  apparently think I am a dumbass and no I didnt miss anything over the past three years.    Also this whole thing was about spawn camping and claymores . Yes I do know the difference in camping and spawncamping .

"Snipers may be rarely used 'properly' but that doesn't mean we should nerf it if the way in which they are being abused is already against the rules. . . I mean, it's really annoying when some players shoot out of the wall in Karkand. but that doesn't mean we should remove the map from the rotation just because some players are glitching into the wall. We ban the player because that's where the problem is."-----are you saying like c4 and at mines are and are that way for a reason?

At any rate this suggestion as been read and will be talked about at the council level. topic is locked.- nuff said 

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming