login

Author Topic: CM1 New Maps - Post your feedback  (Read 2013 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
CM1 New Maps - Post your feedback
« on: January 09, 2016, 23:32:56 PM »
Hello,

You may have noticed a new set of maps was put on City Maps 1 today.
To keep the server fresh, the maps will change every week.

The new set features big karkand and modified flag positions for all other maps that we were previously running.
These maps were lifted directly from City Maps #2, and as such were never properly battle-tested with 64 players.

So, if you run into issues with bad spawn points, flag positions, vehicles, etc, please let us know. We need your feedback to iron out the problems.

Thanks,
Xena

• View Profile
Re: CM1 New Maps - Post your feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 00:41:11 AM »
A good and great job as usual, Xena, but I noticed a considerable increase of the number of snipers, with consequent, significant increase of spawncamping, since there are many more favorable points to make camping, than the previous location of the flags!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »
Good idea Xenalite! It's great if we change maps from time to time, but i think a weekly change is a bit too short.
I think a montly change would be better, because we then have more time to get used to the new flag positions and all its spawnpoints.
A longer period will also give players more time to develop a good tactic for the actual flag configuration to capture flags.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 04:23:44 AM »
That's great that there are changes to city map#1!   However, In my opinion the spawn camping is Intolerable.

Since the map rotation is just like city map#2,  would you consider changing city map#2 to the same layout of the old city map #1 and let members/players decide which they prefer?  I believe this would populate both maps as the current layout favors snipers.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
Hello.
Indeed Xena doing an excellent job, so the game does not become a routine and not get bored.
As spawncamping and snipers agree with what they said and killedbyfriendlyfire, Machete.
My question is if there is a script to limit snipers in the game  :) ps. just ask, I did not swear.

• Still loving you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »
Good job Xena! I like those new changes. Only worry is that i notice Karkand is allmoust impossible to win mec team in big game.  But i like these changes.

Still loving you...

• i'm getting better in better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »
nice XENA can you please place on list of songha stealmate.Mountain and fogs are truly can hide for those snipers as will the bamboo..on bottom of the mountain....
please  don't touch  my chik!!!!h

appreciate gods creation and appreciation everything..is the best..

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:06:32 PM »
Good job Xena! I like those new changes. Only worry is that i notice Karkand is allmoust impossible to win mec team in big game.  But i like these changes.

+1
   Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

• Activity: 10%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
The MEC heli base on Sharqui does not belong to the safebase but the US one does. Correct?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 14:42:07 PM »

Flags rearranged on open spaces. Now its much more difficult to take flags. As the district is exposed to fire from all directions. If I not especially helped to take earlier a flag, now I will precisely camping with a sniper rifle. Especially its felt on Mashtuur City. Where flags rose not only on open space, but also became much closer to each other. At the respawn its very heavy to concentrate as the hail of bullets at once falls upon you.

The second shortcoming - Strike Karkand. Both teams on other sides of the river. Points are taken (one team on one side of the river, another - on other side), and sniper duels begin. It is difficult to cross. On BTR, or on foot. It doesn't matter.

As I remember, NRNS always sought to make maps more difficult for game by snipers. But now something went not so.
For this reason, I remember removed from the  list - Great Wall.

Perhaps its worth thinking moving flags on other places.
And to think over balance where what team starts.

P.S. For myself already I noted: Jalalabad and Blue Pearl can be played. Over all other maps its worth working.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 14:43:59 PM »
There are always some pros and cons of every map, setups etc.
Road to Jalalabad is just awesome. I like the original concept of last flag at mosque. Original US base was removed so battle zone is pushed more towards the city area which is great. Mashtuur City without helicopters pushes everyone to play on the ground and that again makes the battle zone smaller (more players/square meter) so better, more fun. Sharqi Peninsula with Base for both teams ... too bad that credits give unearned advantage same Karkand and Blue Pearl. If that could ever be changed somehow that would be just GREAT! Apart that finally we have big karkand YAY, new Blue Pearl might not be worse than the old one (what i want to say it's really good), what can i say about Sharqi.. rounds on it are either best or worst for me :P :P

As for spawnkilling (claymores on spawns) it's hard to remember all spots, i still don't know where to look when i take a flag xD
I think changing map rotation once a week might be too much (not for me of course lol) maybe every month other map setup is just the right choice.
Good job on the maps!!

Regards

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 15:25:22 PM »
There is more...
When yesterday I distributed first-aid kits to wounded, wrote to me that I am blocked for 30 seconds for spam. I ask to correct this error.

This mistake appears when the first-aid kit can't already be thrown out. And when pressing a mouse, this announcement gets out.

• Date Tagged: June 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 15:49:52 PM »
Good idea Xenalite! It's great if we change maps from time to time, but i think a weekly change is a bit too short.
I think a montly change would be better, because we then have more time to get used to the new flag positions and all its spawnpoints.
A longer period will also give players more time to develop a good tactic for the actual flag configuration to capture flags.

+1
OUT OF ALL DUTYS !!!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 22:18:08 PM »
After playing more rounds i have changed my mind a bit :P

Karkand is made for USA team (i have same feeling when i play wake island or operation clean sweep or kubra dam). Flags are good but its mainly fight on 2 sides of the river.
Jalalabad spawns are poetry - warning someone for spawn killing there should be forbidden -_- (i mean those spawn points in the middle of the map. On far ends is ok.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 23:44:22 PM »
I detect sarcasm lol.

I will be revisiting spawn points tomorrow.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming