login

Author Topic: Screen names  (Read 3105 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Screen names
« on: October 12, 2015, 22:10:13 PM »
Just now someone with the screen name of Bin Laden was playing on City Maps.
When I pointed it out to the admin I was told the name is allowed.
How can Council allow the name Bin Laden to be used?
He was a mass murdered of United States citizens.

I STRONGLY urge council to rethink this and NOT allow that person or ANYONE using ANY screen names connected with murder to be used on the server.

Surely you dont need to be a US citizen to see the clarity in my request?

• View Profile
Re: Screen names
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 22:32:34 PM »
I think it has been an admin's mistake!
Usually we ban clowns with such names, otherwise we have to allow to play even to various Adolf Hitler, Stalin or muppets like that!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 23:05:21 PM »
that clown should be banned period

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 00:12:36 AM »
Great then the next time I point out a name like that can we please ban the person.
Thank you for your assistance.

• Activity: 3.33%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 13:40:55 PM »
read,I saw them last week and I kicked them.

Then I was told not to do that?

I was there when they were in the server.

Me and IVAN told teleman we could not ban.

I told Teleman to make this post because I did not think that name should be allowed!

I did nothing because I was told not to ban them.
[NRNS]oldman1960

• PINK ADMIN LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 14:40:20 PM »
http://nrns-games.com/index.php?topic=5823.0

please see me and you're are right oldman  and the others can to remember some things  means we all read this post of mystery

I'll let that bin laden game  While the council does not change the decision

• View Profile
    • http://nrns-games.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 14:52:03 PM »
There are made a desision between all game council and its what we have try follow till now

the desision sounds like this

All name are allow as long  they doesn't disrespect enyone or blame people about their politics or religion.

If this are not correct please answers from NRNS council or Founders side. Till that we follow the desision made by All gamecouncil.

**************Only Time Will Tell**************

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 15:00:40 PM »
If you decide to be a special flower who gets offended by these kinds of things, then it puts admin in a silly situation, because you could say any name offends you and you want them gone. Especially when they kill you, you can find any excuse is good enough.

What about names like: Che Guevarra, Ariel Sharon, Henry Kissinger, Dick Cheney, Rudolf Hoss?

All of them are war criminals, but you only recognise the one that is offensive TO YOU. I think you should deal with it and stop being offended at a piece of text in a video game.

• 17, bi, majors in asskicking.
    • View Profile
    • http://nrns-games.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27645
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 15:14:09 PM »
If you decide to be a special flower who gets offended by these kinds of things, then it puts admin in a silly situation, because you could say any name offends you and you want them gone. Especially when they kill you, you can find any excuse is good enough.

What about names like: Che Guevarra, Ariel Sharon, Henry Kissinger, Dick Cheney, Rudolf Hoss?

All of them are war criminals, but you only recognise the one that is offensive TO YOU. I think you should deal with it and stop being offended at a piece of text in a video game.

While I understand your reasoning Xena, this name brings bad memories back for a lot of people. I know for a fact a few people here lost friends/family during the period of time that rose from Bin Laden(including the following years of war) and his conspirators, and during the twin tower incident.
This name, brings not only bad memories fro Americans, but for people from all over. For instance, would you enjoy some of your worst memories come back well you're trying to enjoy yourself? Because I personally would hate it.

Well somethings are allowed, I think there's a certain moral standard most of us uphold, and that saying that standard shouldn't be upheld over something as stupid as some guys screen name?! IN my mind if you have the balls to idolize someone like Bin Laden in your screen name(and that's what I see it as, idolatry/worship, until proven otherwise), you should be prepared to be brandished as such, an asshole. A fool to idolize that kind of bastard. People's lives were uprooted because the shit that happened after 9/11, so I think it's common decency not to be an ass and to think about others before this.
I mean for god's sake you guys have forced people to change their SNs for "yo mama" jokes, so why the hell would you stand for something like this(including names involving any genocidal war criminals)? Seriously, I'm not joking in asking this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 15:16:45 PM by [NRNS]Darterz »

"IN our hearts the memroies of our friends live on, and in our friends the memories of us live on, so don't ever feel someone will forget you, and don't ever think your alone." --Myself

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 17:22:10 PM »
Xen,
Calling members "Special Flowers is very unnecessary. You have no clue how a particular name offends someone. How about if my son was sent to Afghanistan and was killed by him?  the last thing you would want to do is call me a Special Flower. Get the point?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 19:13:20 PM »
I would be even more suspicious of you then. As I am suspicious of anyone who goes out of their way to be offended at things.
In your hypothetical instance, someone whose son was killed in Afghanistan would be playing a game, which is set in the middle east, with models of middle-eastern soldiers, in which you shoot people. As if that's not "offensive" enough, this person gets their feelings hurt by some player's name. If you can't deal with it, you should leave the game, not make other people pay for your sensitivity. Because as I said, it could be ANY name at all that offends you.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 19:23:27 PM »
I think it's a great decision Council made.

Putting aside all the drama that's probably only chance to see message on the game screen like:

'You killed Osama bin Laden'  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 20:25:29 PM »
I think it's a great decision Council made.

Putting aside all the drama that's probably only chance to see message on the game screen like:

'You killed Osama bin Laden'  ;)
I agree with council, because for same motive ban even other players what use names criminals war balcan, and presidents americans what have killed all people on afganistan and iraq?? Is reverse medal. NO IS GOOD DECISION.
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• Date Tagged: Apr 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 21:59:03 PM »
are ypu serious !!!!!!!!!! if i see a f... name likle that its ban , we are a commutu , we are a family NO????
AND ALL NAMES APOLOGY ARE BAN FOR ME
AND ITS HESS  , NUMBER 2 IN NAZY SYSTEM AND NOT HOSS
I KNOW BCZ IM 50:50 GERMAN AND POLAND , DONT CRY PLZ
IM FIRST TO USE B  IF I SEE THAT

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 22:40:26 PM »
I'm 100% Polish. 8)
Rudolf Hess was a deputy to Hitler before the war and a peace envoy to Britain.
Rudolf Hoss was a Lt. Col. in charge of Auschwitz, who installed Zyklon B chambers.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming