login

Author Topic: MW3 Installation Guide (Plutonium IW5, Free)  (Read 18230 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
MW3 Installation Guide (Plutonium IW5, Free)
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »
NRNS hosts a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) server via the Plutonium project.

The Plutonium project has an excellent MW3 installation guide posted on their forums.

Summary of Installation Steps (for more detail and pictures see the linked installation guide above):
  • Register for a Plutonium account. You will use your Plutonium account credentials to login when launching the game.
  • Install MW3: Any MW3 install will probably work but the method(s) below have been used successfully.
    • Steam (Free, 14GB):
      • Launch Steam.
      • Navigate to Library -> Tools (hover over Library, click Tools).
      • Install Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Dedicated Server
      • Run the MW3 server through Steam to allow it to perform first time setup.
      • Close the server window.
  • Install Plutonium:
    • Download the Plutonium Updater to your /steamapps/common/Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3/ folder.
    • Run the updater (make sure you allow both PU.exe and Updating_PU.exe through any antivirus/firewall/etc.)
    • Enter your Plutonium Login Credentials and click 'Login'.
    • Allow the updater to update if needed.
    • When the updater is finished click the green button in the lower right corner to start Plutonium IW5.
  • You can find the NRNS server ("NRNS #1 EU TDM") in the server browser list.
  • To launch MW3 again run PU.exe, wait for the update (if any), and click the green button in the lower right of the updater window.

As always, if you have trouble with any guide on our forums or if you have comments or ideas for improvements please let us know by making a post.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Activity: 0%
  • I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
Re: MW3 Installation Guide (Plutonium IW5, Free)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 20:05:32 PM »
Great Post, I would have done it myself but have been really busy with work and the children. Thank you Bro, Mw3 Staff

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming