login

Author Topic: Application Failed to Start  (Read 1232 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Application Failed to Start
« on: February 03, 2018, 22:14:38 PM »
So i recently installed Windows 8.1 64 Bit ..

http://nrns-games.com/gallery/29855_03_02_18_10_11_49.png

I'm having this issue .. I've tried multiple things I've looked up all day, Can anyone present a fix i possibly haven't tried?

• View Profile
Re: Application Failed to Start
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 22:23:54 PM »
Have you tried all the steps here: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-fix-application-was-unable-start-correctly-0xc000007b-error-message-3613164/

• Update/reinstall the .net framework
  • Run as admin
  • Update/reinstall DirectX
  • Repair/Reinstall MW2
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 22:43:45 PM »
Tried all of the above .. same result .. i didnt install the direct x though .. i just did and restarted, no change

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 22:55:07 PM »
I was watching a string of "100% fix" Youtube videos about this error (each one said, "if this didn't fix try this next video"  ::)). One of the things mentioned in the vids was that the error could be caused by 32-bit vs 64-bit compatibility issues. AFAIK MW2 is a 32-bit application. Since you're on 64-bit Windows 8 it might be trying to use/load 64-bit dlls. Have you tried various compatibility options (right click > properties > compatibility)?
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 23:01:55 PM »
IWell damn .. now that makes proper sense .. i def blv its because of the Bit .. Let me try the Cap- Options

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 23:05:00 PM »
I've tried multiple even the Troubleshooter .. No luck ..  .. Sigh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 23:06:50 PM »
Make sure you have important updates installed via Windows Update and have installed the Visual C redist package.

NOTE: I have no experience with this program: Apparently this program will analyze a program to determine which DLLs it uses. If a DLL fails/can't be found/etc the program will let you know: http://www.dependencywalker.com/ It might be worth looking into this or a similar monitor (I've used SysInternals ProcessMonitor with great success in the past, but ppl don't seem to like that one).

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 23:21:21 PM »
I've updated to the latest updates .. I also have every Visual installed .. i've even tried uninstalling and re-installing ... no change .. I've tried that Software from the link
http://nrns-games.com/gallery/29855_03_02_18_11_19_26.png

I THINK I'LL CALL MW2 A QUIT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 23:45:41 PM »
I also have every Visual installed
Including the 32-bit version?

IESHIMS.dll should be in %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer (if it is make sure that folder is listed in your environment PATH variable). The other entries look like API sets and are probably false-positives.

How much you want to work to solve this is up to you, but you will likely encounter similar issues in the future. I don't have any real experience with Windows 8 but the way I understand it is that it is very prone to these kinds of compatibility issues.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming