login

Author Topic: HIGH FPS  (Read 1430 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
HIGH FPS
« on: November 18, 2017, 13:22:44 PM »
Why isn't there a High FPS option on none of our servers? Most players look to this when playing this game at time .. it even contributes to our servers being populated .

• View Profile
Re: HIGH FPS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 16:30:00 PM »
high fps???? frames per second????

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 03:05:48 AM »
A server, modded and/or configured specifically to increase the FPS of the players (by forcing lower graphics and/or lighting (fullbright)?). Looks like these options might be considered cheats unless the server sets them for all players.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
A server, modded and/or configured specifically to increase the FPS of the players (by forcing lower graphics and/or lighting (fullbright)?). Looks like these options might be considered cheats unless the server sets them for all players.
lol thank you .. honestly i don't think this would be a bad idea

• I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 21:46:19 PM »
if anyone needs a fps booster for Mw2 now id be very surprised, its an old game with graphics that are outdated. if you can play Mw3 you can play Mw2, i always turn down my resolution and other things to get max fps while the game is peaking at graphic requirement, the beauty of pc gaming.
Turn down your graphics and you wont need an fps booster my brother.
Its annoying when i hit num 5 and turn it on anyway hahaha better without it, and looks better too.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 23:26:01 PM »
Remember that some people on some machines just barely scrape enough FPS to get the game to run to say nothing about 'playable fps'. Any FPS boost helps in those cases. /shrug, if it's something easy to install that players can turn on / off themselves and those that want it can use it and those that don't can do without, then why not leave it up to the players. :)

On a different note, lowering game resolution is something I try not to do unless absolutely necessary. The lower our resolution the higher our FPS but that comes at a trade-off of fewer pixels to display the game. The less pixels the less we're able to see at any given time (or at least the less clear it is). I could probably run CoD:MW5 on this laptop if I could figure out how to get it to run at 1x1 resolution but I doubt I'd be able to see enough of the game to actually play it. xD
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 13:49:31 PM »
FPS commands require a MOD, we are not running modded servers with mw2.
FPS toggling is a client side script not a server side script so it only runs in a mod because a lot of DVAR's get unlocked, unlocking dvars only attract more hackers to exploit them.
The why even b3 dev team won't even consider making these commands a b3 standard.
FPSboost wont even give you more FPS it only make everything bright, by bringing down colors you gain fps, you can always try:  r_fullbright 0 or 1 to toggle.
Like I said that's probably a blocked dvar.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 13:52:36 PM by [NRNS]Ynot »

Your friendly neighborhood SysAdmin

• They may take me but never take us all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 15:03:31 PM »
Thx for info!!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 23:04:00 PM »
an old card now can run Mw2 with ease, There are config commands that you can use, try, /cl_maxpackets 100 /cg_brass 0 /cg_decals 0 turn off shadows and anti aliasing and everything blood off, bullet hits or what ever it is in the graphics settings.
Then check lagometer /ui_drawlagometer 1 and turn on fps counter i think that one is /ui_drawfps 1 if ui doesnt work try cg and com.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 16:02:40 PM »
an old card now can run Mw2 with ease

This was just standing around on that container ship on our empty US1 server. FPS was pretty consistent between 20 and 25:
https://i.imgur.com/NRHpD9I.png
HIGH FPS

Others:
https://imgur.com/a/Hsm7U

My max fps is set to 30 and I seem to only hit that when I'm on really small maps not shooting or being shot at. I didn't find the correct command for decals but I applied the others. Not sure if they helped but my fps still dips below playable while I'm trying to shoot at someone (spray and pray is the only way I manage to hit anyone because I cannot track accurately).

If this is not something we can do do to technical limitations or concerns about hacks that's fine and I'm sure folks understand. But lets not dismiss it as irrelevant.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 06:37:01 AM »
try command  /r_fullbright 1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:58:08 AM »
an old card now can run Mw2 with ease

This was just standing around on that container ship on our empty US1 server. FPS was pretty consistent between 20 and 25:
https://i.imgur.com/NRHpD9I.png
HIGH FPS

Others:
https://imgur.com/a/Hsm7U

My max fps is set to 30 and I seem to only hit that when I'm on really small maps not shooting or being shot at. I didn't find the correct command for decals but I applied the others. Not sure if they helped but my fps still dips below playable while I'm trying to shoot at someone (spray and pray is the only way I manage to hit anyone because I cannot track accurately).

If this is not something we can do do to technical limitations or concerns about hacks that's fine and I'm sure folks understand. But lets not dismiss it as irrelevant.

Wow, ive never seen fps that low, Turn down Resolution to rock bottom bro, all other graphic settings all on off. Man that's bad news, What card do you have?

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Its the rain that's Making your fps that low is it? is it better on all other maps?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 05:42:07 AM »
try command  /r_fullbright 1
I've tried that but it doesn't seem to do anything (r_fullbright still set at 0 regardless of what I do, no feedback/error msg/etc.).

Its the rain that's Making your fps that low is it? is it better on all other maps?
It very well could be. In the screenshot below I stood there for several minutes and fps flickered between 13-14 (I don't think my card likes the light shining through the rain). I was on another map (Shipment I think, Bog too) which was almost playable while alone (pretty consistent 30fps as long as I stayed out of smoke). Once someone else joined I realized I couldn't actually hit them. xD But yes, Wetwork seems to be the worst map for my fps ... it also seems to be the map the server's always on when I go in to test. xD

https://i.imgur.com/ZIDdPWE.png
HIGH FPS

Yes, lowering resolution increases FPS but I try to do that as a last resort. Max FPS at lowest resolution was low 90s on Bog which isn't a huge increase but definitely playable if one can ignore the pixel graphics. xD Lowest FPS (ignoring the single 3-second dip into the 20's for some unknown reason--probably Teamspeak or chrome doing something) was high 40s while standing in smoke, 60s-70s during normal play. If I play MW2 on this laptop I'll just stick to the low resolution but it's really *almost* playable at full hd.

This is just a laptop I had for school, probably about 6ish years old now, not intended for gaming. Dxdiag reports graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6520G, CPU is AMD APU A6-3400M Quad (1.4GHz) with integrated graphics, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 (in a death-grip so almost nothing runs without my say-so).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:44:01 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 15:21:11 PM »
Did some tests myself:
https://i.imgur.com/sdibqvT.jpg
HIGH FPS

/r_fullbright 1 - Will not work... needs a Mod, the dvar is blocked.
https://i.imgur.com/dPNWzJp.jpg
HIGH FPS

You will never see error messages trow back to the game, open full console with shift+console key
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 15:33:36 PM by [NRNS]Ynot »

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming