Author Topic: BF2 Installation Guide  (Read 112 times)

• Activity: 80%
    • View Profile
BF2 Installation Guide
« on: October 12, 2017, 22:01:19 PM »
This is a guide for installing Battlefield 2 via Revive / Battlelog.co

Good instructions can be found on the
battlelog.co website. More in-depth instructions are below (instructions with screenshots are in the spoiler below).
  • Register (Members: Don't forget your tags).
  • Download the setup file (direct link).
  • Run the setup file. Note that the setup file doesn't always show a progress bar but have patience and/or confirm that it is still working via a process explorer.
    • Login with your battlelog.co account from step 1.
  • Select BF2 from the list of games to install.
    • If you already have BF2 installed you can select your BF2 install directory, the launcher will indicate that your game was found, and you can click 'Finish Setup' to only update needed files instead of downloading the whole game.
    • If you need a fresh download/install click 'Install Game' and the launcher will download *all* files then install to the directory you select. Wait for it to complete (some steps don't show progress). First it will download and install the main game (2.84GB) then it will download and install Special Forces (.84GB).
  • Click 'Finish Setup'. Note that this step doesn't always show. Sometimes the InstallAgent will just close. If that happens you can verify and/or finish your installation by (re)completing step #4a (run the launcher again, browse to your BF2 installation directory, and click finish setup). If the launcher skips directly to the 'Play Now' window your game is installed and ready to go.
    • Widescreen Support can be toggled in the settings menu.
    • Launch the game via 'Play Now' under the 'Launch BF2' menu.
    • Click 'Multiplayer' in the top bar. NRNS servers can be easily found by typing 'NRNS' into the 'Server Name' field.
  • In the future you can start BF2 via the 'Revive Launcher' shortcut on your desktop or via the 'BF2.exe' program in your BF2 install directory (login with your battlelog.co account from step #1).

Installation guide with screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Bugs/Issues:
If you're having issues running BF2 please check the Tools and Patches section of battlelog.co, the Revive Support forum, or the NRNS Technical Support - Games forum. If you need help please create a new topic in the Technical Support - Games forum or ask for help on our TeamSpeak 3 or Discord servers.
  • Windows 10 users may need to manually install Directx9.

Additional Info:
We want to keep this guide up to date. If you find that any part of this guide is out of date, broken, or no longer valid please let us know! If you would like to contribute translations for this guide or have something to add/change/improve/remove (including formatting, grammar, style, etc) please contact me or post below.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:29:18 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Activity: 63.33%
  • Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 Installation Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 23:50:42 PM »
Perfect guide! :)

*You could also add the info of installing DirectX 9, as Windows 10 users will probably have problems launching the game due to not having DX9.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 03:27:51 AM »

*You could also add the info of installing DirectX 9, as Windows 10 users will probably have problems launching the game due to not having DX9.
Thanks. :) I have a link to dx9 and a note that win10 users may need to manually install it. Should I move that note somewhere more visible or did you mean I should write a guide for that part? I'm not overly fond of the formatting or the coloring scheme so a different way to present the information may make it easier to see.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Activity: 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 13:09:29 PM »
Thank you for doing this,we may see more BF2 players because of this post.

8) :)
[NRNS]oldman1960

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 19:00:50 PM »

Thanks. :) I have a link to dx9 and a note that win10 users may need to manually install it. Should I move that note somewhere more visible or did you mean I should write a guide for that part? I'm not overly fond of the formatting or the coloring scheme so a different way to present the information may make it easier to see.

It's good where it is, in my opinion :)

I might have missed it (daltonism ftw!)! :P

• Activity: 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 19:47:35 PM »
nice 1 mate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 23:40:42 PM »
daltonism
That was one of my worries when I was choosing the colors. :| Any recommendations to make it more readable?

EDIT: I changed things a bit. Still trying to break up the 'block of text' effect.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 00:25:18 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 00:36:47 AM »
daltonism
That was one of my worries when I was choosing the colors. :| Any recommendations to make it more readable?

EDIT: I changed things a bit. Still trying to break up the 'block of text' effect.

Its alright for me, in speed-reading i missed it, don't worry about changing it :)

Connections

Contact

Navigation

Pages

Online Gaming