login

Author Topic: Loading Time  (Read 1671 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Loading Time
« on: January 29, 2017, 18:42:26 PM »
Some of my games take ages to load . Before I had a hdd so maybe that's why I had long loading times but now after I got SSD , I still have the same problem , I used to hear that SSD help to decrease loading time but it won't . How can I make my games load faster ? For example GTA V takes 10 minutes to load and rust TAKES 21 minutes !!. Help me out folks
Thank you!

• View Profile
Re: Loading Time
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:54:10 AM »
Very hard to help without more info, more details about your PC.
OS, MB, memory, CPU etc

Your friendly neighborhood SysAdmin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 05:42:30 AM »
processor :core i5 4430S 3.2 ghz
ram : 8 gb DDR3
motherboard :ASRock Z97
gpu: gtx 1060 6 gb  ddr5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »
Lol how did you get such an expensive set up in Pakistan? :P

There are monitor programs that you can set up to tell you over time if there's any disk activity or CPU activity. It could be that the program tries to load something from the disk, then goes idle for a long time, because it deadlocks or waits for a file or something.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:05:39 AM »
I know both games do take much time to load, but 10 an 21 minutes is way too long. Try what Xenalite suggested first, it shouldn't be a problem with the specs.

On a side note, FP is working on drastically reducing their loading times:
From Devblog 143:
I started working on a system to drastically reduce loading times. It’s a big chunk of work so I don’t expect it to go into testing for at least another week, but initial tests show that once it’s done we should see our loading times reduced to only a couple of seconds. I’m also hoping to use this opportunity to give modders control over the world generation in a second step, but I’ll post more info on this as things progress.
From Devblog 145:
I finished up the first iteration of the world serialization system over the last two weeks. The game can now cache and load the procedurally generated world on both the client and the server. This means vastly improved loading times on consecutive server joins and server restarts. Since it’s a pretty big change I’ll start testing this on the development branch early next week and and I’m planning for it to go live with next week’s wiping update. If everything goes smoothly, the next step will be to allow server owners to stream the world from their server in order to open up the world generation for server side mods, which I’m hoping to introduce some time next month.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 18:05:52 PM »
Lol how did you get such an expensive set up in Pakistan? :P

There are monitor programs that you can set up to tell you over time if there's any disk activity or CPU activity. It could be that the program tries to load something from the disk, then goes idle for a long time, because it deadlocks or waits for a file or something.
Lmfao what do you think Pakistan is ? 😂😂😂 is it just a dessert with just camels rolling around hahahaha this comment made my day. Love you bro 😂😂😂😂😂😂
The thing is when you got a lot of relatives who live in other countries then you don't have to worry about how expensive shit is Cuz you don't pay for it hahaha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 18:31:49 PM »
I increased my ram to 16 GB . And now the loading time is decreased a lot . Rust took 21 minutes with 8 GB and now on 16 GB it took 6 minutes to load . Solved the problem to some extent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 05:08:03 AM »
Did you migrate your old drive to the new one or is it a fresh install?
It seems you might have 32 bit applications delaying drive performance.
My 12 year old Laptop boots in 15 seconds with a SSD drive.

Your friendly neighborhood SysAdmin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 15:58:07 PM »
Yes I migrated all the data from old drive .. but I had 64 bit OS installed on that drive too So idk . Still rust take 6-8 minutes . I also tried to use Razor cortex but that really didn't helped

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming