login

Author Topic: golden ways for have better performance in games  (Read 2109 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • Persian Gulf forever
    • View Profile
golden ways for have better performance in games
« on: December 31, 2016, 14:40:40 PM »
All gamers try to find ways to have best performance in thier games.lag in game isnot just because of internet connection ,also depends on windows , hardwares , softwares and ... . in this Tutorial i try to share my information that i gain them in my researches.

1-Update pc and game drivers :
In your pc you have some hardwares that windnows need drivers for detect and use them.if you use old driver(s) actually you donot use 100% ability of that harware(s).
Also for play any games you need some softwares that i call them game drivers . like : directx , vc  and etc.
And now there is important question : how can upadte drivers ? and what is best and easiest way ?
 Answer : there is some software that detect , download and intsall update of all drivers with just one click.
IObit.Driver.Booster.PRO is one of them.
This program download and install update of pc drivers and also game drivers . easy and fast. Enjoy !

2-Speed of Hard disk :
When you are playing  a game or any other programs , your hard disk read files .if you have more empty spaces in your hard disk (specially windows drive ) you have alittle more speed and better performance.
Also after use hard disk for along time, your hard disk need one way to defrag files .
As a result :
1- delete unuseful files in your windows drive (as far as you can ).
2- donot install new games in your windows drive (as far as you can ).
3-delete unuseful files in other drives (as far as you can ).
4- Use Disk defragmenter for have more performance .(start\all programs\accessories\system tools\ Disk defragmenter)

3 - Disable some unnecessary :
1 : visual effects :
Right click on my computer \ properties \ Advanced system settings \ in Advanced and in performance click on settings \in “ visual effects” : check Adjust for best performance .
If you want back it to normal you can check  Adjust for best appearance or let windows chosse whats best best for my computer
see " pic 1 "

2 : windows background and color :
Right click on desktop \Personalize \ in basic and high contrast themes \ select windows classic.
Maybe you lose beauty of your windows but you have alittle more speed and performance.
3 : power options :
Control Panel \ view by Large icons \ power options \ select a power plan \ check high performance
( Favors performance , but may use more energy )
see " pic 2 "

4- RAM :
1 : use some part of your hard disk as ram ( for humans that need more ram to run programs ):
Right click on my computer \ properties \ Advanced system settings \ in Advanced and in performanc click on settings \in Advanced \in virtual memory click on change \unckeck “ Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers “\ select one drive ( donot use windows drive and use drive that have more space ) \click on custom size \ in Initial size write reccmmended that widnows say and in Maximum size write  Three times the size of your real RAM.then click on ok.
Attention : you must always have atleast  free space in your drive as much as you write in Maximum size !
for example becasue i have 2 GB RAM i select 3070 MB in Initial  size (reccmmended that widnows say) and 6141 (Three times the size of my real RAM = 2 GB ) in Maximum size.
see " pic 3 "

2: use USB/Flash drives as a ram : you can use your USB/Flash drives or your Pen Drives for creating a Virtual Memory (RAM) :
Connected your Flash device to your pc \ right click on flash device drive in my computer \ in properties \in readyboost \ check use this device \the size that you  Selection sholud be between : one time and 2.5 times of your real ram
Attention :
1- some flash device donot have this ablility.
2 – if format of your flash is FAT32 you just can 4094 mb in max but if you change it to NTFS fromat , you can use more size.
3 – this act just alittle help to your RAM but also becasue use FLASH alittle reduse lifetime of your flash.
For example becasue i have 2 GB RAM i sholud select size between 2 and 5 GB but also becasue i am useing FAT32 i can use 4 GB in max.
see " pic 4 "

ONLY GOODNESS REMAIN FOREVER
Iran air flight 655 - we never forget - we never forgive
Persian Gulf forever

• View Profile
Re: golden ways for have better performance in games
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 14:48:25 PM »
I am running on Windows server 2016, ahahaha. Only few services needed one are running.
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 15:30:23 PM »
Nice post.

Although somethings are wrong: such as using pen drives as ram memory.
This was called "Ready boost" on Windows vista and it was absolutely useless due to the fact that usb drives have 2% of the speed of your actual RAM modules.
So in this case you are actually slowing down your system.

Using hdd as RAM memory is not what you described. Thats using a pagefile.
Using hdd as RAM would slow you down, even with a SSD that would happen.

• Persian Gulf forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:08:53 AM »
Nice post.

Although somethings are wrong: such as using pen drives as ram memory.
This was called "Ready boost" on Windows vista and it was absolutely useless due to the fact that usb drives have 2% of the speed of your actual RAM modules.
So in this case you are actually slowing down your system.

Using hdd as RAM memory is not what you described. Thats using a pagefile.
Using hdd as RAM would slow you down, even with a SSD that would happen.

ok .thank you for notice me.and because i should solve my mistake guys can read this too :
Is Windows ReadyBoost Worth Using?

How ReadyBoost Works

ReadyBoost works in conjunction with SuperFetch. SuperFetch, also introduced in Windows Vista, monitors the programs you use on your computer and automatically loads their application files and libraries into your computer’s memory (RAM) ahead of time. When you launch the application, it will start faster  your computer reads its files from memory, which is faster, instead of from disk, which is slower. Empty RAM doesn’t do any good, so using it as a cache for frequently accessed applications can increase your computer’s responsiveness.

SuperFetch normally uses your computer’s memory – it caches these files in your RAM. However, SuperFetch can also work with a USB stick – that’s ReadyBoost in action. When you connect a USB drive to your computer and enable ReadyBoost, Windows will store SuperFetch data on your USB drive, freeing up system memory. It’s faster to read various small files from your USB stick than it is to read them from your hard drive, so this can theoretically improve your system’s performance.

Why ReadyBoost Probably Isn’t Useful For You

So far, so good – but there’s a catch: USB storage is slower than RAM. It’s better to store SuperFetch data in your computer’s RAM than on a USB stick. Therefore, ReadyBoost only helps if your computer doesn’t have enough RAM. If you have more than enough RAM, ReadyBoost won’t really help.

ReadyBoost is ideal for computers with a small amount of RAM. When Windows Vista was released, Anandtech benchmarked ReadyBoost, and the results of their benchmark were informative. In combination with 512 MB of RAM (a very small amount of RAM – new computers today generally contain several gigabytes), ReadyBoost offered some improved performance. However, adding additional RAM always improved performance much more than using ReadyBoost.

if your computer is stressed for RAM, you’re better off adding more RAM instead of using ReadyBoost.

When ReadyBoost Is Worth Using

With that said, ReadyBoost may still be useful if your current computer has a small amount of RAM (512 MB, or perhaps even 1 GB) and you don’t want to add additional RAM for some reason – perhaps you just have a spare USB stick lying around.

If you opt to use ReadyBoost, bear in mind that the speed of your USB drive also determines how much improved performance you’ll get. If you have an old, slow USB stick, you may not see a noticeable increase in performance, even with a small amount of RAM. Windows won’t allow ReadyBoost to be used on particularly slow USB flash drives, but some drives are faster than others.

In summary, ReadyBoost probably won’t improve your computer’s performance much. If you have a very small amount of RAM (512 MB or so) and a very fast USB drive, you may see some increase in performance – but it isn’t even guaranteed in this situation.

source

http://www.howtogeek.com/123780/htg-explains-is-readyboost-worth-using/

This show that readyboost can be useful or worth.its depends .

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:10:52 AM by mahdi »
ONLY GOODNESS REMAIN FOREVER
Iran air flight 655 - we never forget - we never forgive
Persian Gulf forever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »
Golden ways implies using money.. buy a better PC! ;)

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 15:32:24 PM »
Readyboost is as usefull as those "computer booster" programs.

Usb faster than HDD? Well, if its USB 3.0 vs IDE HDD; yes, USB will be faster.
But if you have a PC with USB 3.0 support, you shouldn't have perrormance problems.

Thing is, if your hardware can't do it, its not gonna be done by software tweaks. They could improve loading times and some other few things, but the raw gameplay will stay the same.

Golden ways implies using money.. buy a better PC! ;)

Exactly!

Miracles don't exist :P

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming