login

Author Topic: The story of Reaper...  (Read 4008 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • No Comment.
    • View Profile
The story of Reaper...
« on: December 18, 2016, 20:18:27 PM »
Hello fellas !
I was using my computer the other day(a week ago) and it shut down I thought my psu went down and I was correct, I took my computer to the repair shop bought a new but a cheap one and my computer kept working for 2 days until the new psu turned dead ! I was like wtf
I took my computer to the repair shop complaining about the problem he said it might be the mother board or  an over stressed electricity at home !
I was like ok,do  a nother one... after the guy finished putting the psu and after seeing the MB he said there's nothing wrong with it it's probably ur electricity... so I took my computer back home and tried the new psu.my computer worked for 20 minutes until the third freaking psu declared it's death ... ok now i'm confused what the hell could be the problem ! I'm not buying the electricity thingy because if it really is the problem it would of roasted everything not only the psu......??????
I'm screwed lol 3 psu's went down ..... HELP !!!
   Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

• View Profile
Re: The story of Reaper...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 21:45:44 PM »
Hello mate, there are numerous problems that results in psu in dead. One of them is mobo requesting more power than it allotted to one. What I would suggest if you have dead psus, keep them start for like 1 hr, without connecting to mobo you can start psu by connecting green plug to any black plug using safety pin. Also please mention your system specs. Friend of mine had similar problem. The mobo was giving more power to pcie slot.
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

• Activity: 10%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 23:21:47 PM »
Plug a multimeter into your electrical outlet to check the incoming voltage, check your grounding... 

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 00:43:30 AM »
I would go for a faulty grounding.

Test 1: Change the plug to where you normally connect your computer. Change the location.
Test 2: Test your home electricity for power spikes.

U MUST HAZ: Surge protector (aka plug box with fuse)

• No Retreat No Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:25:50 AM »
i feel sorry for your loss reaper, few of our members mentioned their opinions do as they say it would fix.

Thanks Yellow for the sign :)

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
Hello mate, there are numerous problems that results in psu in dead. One of them is mobo requesting more power than it allotted to one. What I would suggest if you have dead psus, keep them start for like 1 hr, without connecting to mobo you can start psu by connecting green plug to any black plug using safety pin. Also please mention your system specs. Friend of mine had similar problem. The mobo was giving more power to pcie slot.
I don't l think that my mobo is the problem here,and i bought a 450 w psu and that's more power that i need due to my
old pc
Specs: amd radeon 5450 1gb ,4 gigs of ddr2 ram,and a core 2 duo E6750 2.66 Ghz

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
I would go for a faulty grounding.

Test 1: Change the plug to where you normally connect your computer. Change the location.
Test 2: Test your home electricity for power spikes.

U MUST HAZ: Surge protector (aka plug box with fuse)
Yes i'm going to try that ! Hoping not to get the fourth down

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »
well my electricity is ok and my electrician confirmed that because he checked every single  bit of it !

and the guy from the repair shop lend me this pc to try it and see if the psu will be down or not

if the psu turns dead that means i have a problem in the electricity

and if the pc kept working that means there's something wrong with my computer

Ps: the computer that i brought has been working for one day now and nothing happened !

• Activity: 10%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:06 AM »
Ps: the computer that i brought has been working for one day now and nothing happened !
So it seems to be the time to visit a computer dealer and offer yourself a christmas gift!

• i'm getting better in better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 10:42:58 AM »
i saw the problem reaper first you ask to fix the psu and you turn it to 450 watts try to look your pc if there's a chips who's overheat like the IC is not work properly..for me you bought a new one like dell or amd board and be sure its core 2 duo so that you can put your RAM and other pc components to the new motherboard and i guarantee you its a 100 percent working

..in
I don't l think that my mobo is the problem here,and i bought a 450 w psu and that's more power that i need due to my
old pc
short word  assemble.hope i can help for your big problem..
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:44:32 AM by lt.rey_santos »
please  don't touch  my chik!!!!h

appreciate gods creation and appreciation everything..is the best..

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 13:55:54 PM »
i saw the problem reaper first you ask to fix the psu and you turn it to 450 watts try to look your pc if there's a chips who's overheat like the IC is not work properly..for me you bought a new one like dell or amd board and be sure its core 2 duo so that you can put your RAM and other pc components to the new motherboard and i guarantee you its a 100 percent working

..in
old pc

I will suggest to buy new Mobo. cause most of time they are not that durable as other components. But I will suggest to before buying to do test on Mobo, Remove every componet from mobo except cpu,keyboard and display(integrated one, not GPU card) and check for voltage levels and system temps in BIOS.

the motherboard controls the power supply and on the motherboard there is a capacitor that needs to completely discharge after you turn off the computer. So from what it looks like the motherboard is going bad. I would suggest RMA on mobo. as i told you did not wanted to sound geeky but multiple psu caused by mobos,and HDD sound weird but thats the case.
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 01:53:56 AM »
yeah this what i'm saying ( capacitor  chips). sometimes you used over and your capacitor is already pregnant check that one to your mother board if there's a capacitor overheated . make sureif you buy motherboard its compatible to your ram, sometimes rams are not working even they are the same ddr2.

..in

here's the one problem i saw to your PC check the processor if your processor is sealed by thermal paste ( heat sinker ) sometimes pc mechanic forget to sealed processor after they check that one..do this before you buy new motherboard may be this is your last resort ..after this go and installed windows 7 64 bit..
old pc

I will suggest to buy new Mobo. cause most of time they are not that durable as other components. But I will suggest to before buying to do test on Mobo, Remove every componet from mobo except cpu,keyboard and display(integrated one, not GPU card) and check for voltage levels and system temps in BIOS.

the motherboard controls the power supply and on the motherboard there is a capacitor that needs to completely discharge after you turn off the computer. So from what it looks like the motherboard is going bad. I would suggest RMA on mobo. as i told you did not wanted to sound geeky but multiple psu caused by mobos,and HDD sound weird but thats the case.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:56:37 AM by lt.rey_santos »

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 02:02:22 AM »
or check your processor is sealed by thermal paste ( heat sinker ) sometimes pc mechanic are forget to sealed after they check that one..may be this is your last resort all if  this things are totally sealed you need to buy new one ( motherboard ) to solve this problem and installed windows 7 64 bit this awesome windows..

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 18:13:05 PM »
so i got my self a working Psu this time and if anything went wrong i'll change the mother board !
 now another problem appeared ! My computer turned into windows Classic !
when i tried to change themes every theme looks grey unclickable !

i ran troubleshooting and it found two problems ! :

1-theme services isn't running   --Not Fixed

2-Desktop windows manager is disabled --Detected

and i also tried to go into services-themes and changed my theme(it was already automatic) and it didn't work !

da hell is waiting for me this in 2017 !

• Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 18:21:55 PM »
I can't help you with your problem Reaper, sorry.

I recommend that you do this:

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming