login

Author Topic: NRNS servers input.  (Read 4653 times)

• Activity: 0%
  • Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
NRNS servers input.
« on: November 05, 2016, 19:37:55 PM »
NRNS Battlelog server

I know that many of members here hate to play in this server; the hitbox $ucks, the weapons are un-modded, there are no vehicles; bla bla bla ...

I've been playing there a lot more recently, and for me its been a great experience.

First off, the hitbox in my case , doesnt go shennanigans on me as it does on other servers, which make the experience of playing in vanilla servers an awfull one. Yes, sometimes the hitbox goes full retard, but thats bf2 for you. You need patience and a light finger on the trigger.

I would only advise adding a few buggys and FAVs for faster and easier transportation.

The server needs more strong players there, and admins, i have seen too much people starting to abuse on the rapes and illegal software here and there.

For the ones who tilt about campers and one shoters,  this server is for you.

NRNS city maps (modded)

With xenalite's recent changes , this server is now very balanced mapwise due to the players/mapsize relation.
I will improve the feedback on this once i have more solid coments.

The only thing i would balance are some kits.

For example, for me, with the changes on the rocker launchers, choppers should comeback, its very easy to deal with them.

L85 has a natural advantage over Ak101/Ak47, which is the scope. Even more advantage on the burst ones (g36e/m16)
I love the L85 (and use it 90% of the time) but its getting boring to see everyone still using only that gun. So i would sugest, de-powering it in 5-10% or making it a bit less acurate. The scope is the main advantage, which lined alongside the accuracy makes it almost a sniper.

Assault g3 needs a buff. Its only a 20 round shooter, and it has no grenade launcher. That gun needs to be a real threat in the game, like it is in real life.

Mp5 needs a small tweak.

Spec ops g36c needs a buff.

Now we come to the point where im gonna get burned and disembowled with pitchforks and shovels.

The reason in my field of view why the player base is shrinking was due to the fact of no inovation on maps and related subjects, this is covered now.

The real problem is that everyone is complaning about, every sniper one shoting.
Now now, calm down... Let me develop my point.

The reason why i say this is not because i tilt on campers and so on, i can deal with them fairly easily. Gaymores annoy me everytime tbh.

To put  it this way, l9 and m24 both use the same caliber, but the m95 is a 50cal, just for that they should have differences in the power output.
And its not just that; one shots in that kit are an invitation for camping and without the choppers in "sharqi maptype" snipers dont really have the need/feel to relocate.
Then you have the fact that l9 has thinner crosshairs, faster reload animation, lower noise level which makes an echo effect, thus making it harder to pinpoint the exact location. M24 is in the same spot, except in the echoing noise and the crosshairs are not as thin (still thin enough).
And then you have the bullet speed and decay: m95 bullet takes longer to travel, so you need to compensate even more for the shot; m95 has more bullet decay, and again, you need to compensate harder.
L9/M24 have very very little decay and the bullet travels really faster than the M95.
M95 should be an "high skill , high reward gun"; having it requiring more skill to deliver the same is not right.

No matter what you do, as long as 1 sniper one shots, you will always have campers. And sniping will be a thing.
You are losing more players due to the snipers atm then you were with choppers.

My verdict:

M24/L96: light armoured troops (medics, specs, engineers, snipers) - 1 bar of hp. Heavy armored troops (AT, assault, support) - arround 3-5 bars of hp
M95: one shot in every living thing.

No matter what changes you do, you will never be able to please everyone.

*edit* more info
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 20:22:19 PM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• View Profile
Re: NRNS servers input.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 20:37:12 PM »
First of, thank you for always giving input on our servers it's always appreciated :)

Battlelog Server

I guess you said it, the weapons are un-modded and most of us aren't used to that after playing modded for so long.. (I realised I am pretty rubbish when I joined this server lmao)
but I like that it brings something different and it seems very popular too. But I also agree more members/ admins need to be active here to help with cheaters/abuse of rules.
I agree cars could be added too.

Modded Server

I haven't played yet since X made the changes but it sounded great.
I guess I agree with the fact rocket launchers were changed making it easier to take down choppers so in theory they could come back if a lot of people wanted it that way.
L85... well this one I'm not sure, I personally feel like a lot of people are comfortable with this gun and just won't try other guns, yeah it's easy to camp with that gun just as easy
as it is with a sniper, infact you get more kills with the L95 so basically its possible to camp with any gun and campers will always be a part of battlefield :) (we all do it)
To be honest, I remember back from 1.0 the L85 was always my first choice for the scope perhaps this gun just has more advantage from that not necessarily because its stronger from the mod. If someone takes the p90 or mg36 against me with a l85 I personally feel the l85 is a little weaker than them but with ma skills I can kill them so its all good really ;D
I think if changes were made to this gun people would be annoyed and then if you made changes to L9 (the one shot sniper kit :D) people who use that would also be disappointed so
either way we could lose players which I see is why people are cautious about making changes here. This is where, I would say if changes were ever going to be made to kits, that there should be a poll for public players/member etc to suggest where changes could be made, otherwise Xenalite and Daze are going to forever be changing guns to peoples preferences but is everyone going to be happy D:

As you said "No matter what changes you do, you will never be able to please everyone" this is where it would be good to hear other people's suggestions, and come to some common ground :D

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 21:05:55 PM »
No problem at all, the server better due to each member helping the way they can ;)

Battlelog server

But i would only "ask" for light cars, nothing like hmmvv or vodniks...

City maps

Agree on the polls!

I played a bit, but havent seen every single map instance, but what i saw was great.

People are comfortable with the L85 because its strong and even with the scope you have a bigger field of view on your surroudings, as oposed to all the other iron sights taking away almost 40% of your view when you aim.

P90 has been feeling weaker to me in the past weeks. And its perfectly fine.

In my view it would be the same.
We would still have a one shoting sniper.
And getting someone to 1hp bar with the L9/M24 is almost the same, because they will run for cover and a mis-step is enough to finish them off, eventually giving the kill to the l9/m24 wielder.

The thing is:
3 snipers one shot.
2 snipers do the same with the same playstyle.
2 snipers have almost the same accuracy/crosshair width.
1 sniper has an overweight crosshair.
1 sniper one shots too but requires the user to be 2 steps ahead of the enemy.

Its like a Ford fiesta and an audi A3 having the same power/torque as a truck on steroids.

I think every sniper oneshoting is a mistake.
People can get annoyed , but they have something that its actually balanced.
Something that will reward them;
L96 is a pure no-brainer; you have no reasons to use another sniper.
M95 is in trash can atm.

And removing the choppers annoys people too... I would not fly them so much and im annoyed by their removal :P

I mean the chopper was removed because it was annoying people, while all people had to do was try to outplay. Against the mi-28 , the fences on the TV station are your best friend.
Sniper kit one shoting is annoying people too, so the next step must be the removal of that kit? Of course not.

What needs to be done are counter measures/options.

Chopper has the ideal counter now, rocket launcher buffs.

Snipers greatest counter should be skill requirement, and proactive gameplay, not a stagnant one with 2 one shoters requiring only a fast aim.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 21:18:49 PM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 21:20:20 PM »
City Maps:
I'm against modding sniper rifles unless pistols are made stronger.

Example:
On not modded servers in cqb as a sniper if You hit enemy with automatic rifle and he doesnt die You can finish him with a pistol. In NRNS city maps You can't do it becaue You're dead  ::)

Pistols in city maps are weak. Add a 95% working sniper rifle and You make this kit almost useless. 95% sniper works in BL servers because You have a secondary weapon on city there isn't any. "Drop down" of players is mostly related to ammount of BL servers (even NRNS one) that takes some of our regulars. I can only say after problems we had in the past servers are awesomely runned by our crew and it's risky to change such a monumental setup like 1 shot sniper. L85 is even bigger deal and i wouldn't like to hear again how it was destroyed after working perfectly. After some weapons like Scar F2000 or M36G were boosted L85 is no longer such a dominant weapon. Just my opinion.

BL Infantry server:
Would it still be infantry if we add cars?  :P I would liketo see them too anyway

Thank You for the post :)

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 21:36:37 PM »
Snipers are already modded :P

Im not saying "remove the one shot", im actually saying "give the one shot to the one that deserves it "(m95)
Snipers wont be useless.

Useless is the engineer kit .

Im speaking with my experience in mind, and reading battlelog posts about your server.

Tbh almost every iron sight weapon needs a buff, as they have a natural disadvantage when compared to scopes/red dots.

*Battlelog server*

Just buggys and stuff that get one shoted by the RL, after all, some maps have boats.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 21:44:42 PM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 21:39:42 PM »
Battlelog server*

Just buggys and stuff, after all, some maps have boats.

Yes but i preffer to not use em:PPPP

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 21:42:18 PM »

Yes but i preffer to not use em:PPPP

I would, its a bit tiresome to run from one side of the map to the other :P

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 23:47:12 PM »
I have some request,
1) on city maps launch granade now kill people, but not destroy vehicle (2 shot with launch granade for destroy machine and number shot unspecified for destroy tank and APC, possible restore 2 shot for destroy even vehicle armored??
2) teams is returned unbalaced mode, now all play on mec (snackecro30 now love much mec!!ahahahahha) is possible restore change team end round or loser much players what not succeed change team? Today 2 rounds 18 high rank on mec 3 on USMC.
 3) Possible spawn points no on the roofle?? I have seen what nearly all use sniper for this motive!!
Thank

P.S. kit engineer now is useless
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 23:50:39 PM by keeper2013 »
MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 00:16:30 AM »

[/b] 3) Possible spawn points no on the roofle?? I have seen what nearly all use sniper for this motive!![/b]

Rework the snipers, and campers will not camp so hard, or they might change to another class.
Guaranteed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:51:16 AM by --(Fight-Men)-75- »

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 03:46:20 AM »
don't make the post so long it will take me 2 days too read all this lol

• Still loving you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »
I dont believe that Engineer is useless. It is still only kit who can fix Assets on the map (i know commander can drop supply)
Shotgun was too accuraty and now it is back to close range gun witch is good. Still it is not useless, YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

And To Shark that teams are unbalance now that there is 18 High rank who play MEc and only 3 who play USMC.......Well i love to play against those 18 high rank, it is more challenging and mayby it learn me to play better :)

Still loving you...

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 13:18:20 PM »
I dont believe that Engineer is useless. It is still only kit who can fix Assets on the map (i know commander can drop supply)
Shotgun was too accuraty and now it is back to close range gun witch is good. Still it is not useless, YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

And To Shark that teams are unbalance now that there is 18 High rank who play MEc and only 3 who play USMC.......Well i love to play against those 18 high rank, it is more challenging and mayby it learn me to play better :)

The problem is not the guns, its the kit itself.
Even for the repairs, you get very few points that its not worth the time you spend at it.
Its more time efficient for the commander to drop supplies on it.

And that kit will always be the least usefull one on this server, the only thing you can change in it its the point reward for asset and/or vehicle repair.

• Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 13:40:26 PM »
Even for the repairs, you get very few points that its not worth the time you spend at it.

And that kit will always be the least usefull one on this server, the only thing you can change in it its the point reward for asset and/or vehicle repair.

It's not about the points, it's all about fun :)

Personally I love playing with engineer kit, it's by far my favorite kit in BF2 :)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 13:53:30 PM »

It's up to best players on the server to balance the teams - to make game fun for both teams. If 18 high ranks play in 1 team and take all flags without stopping round after round what is left to expect from the other team than camping and defending flags? If majority of teamworkers play on 1 side then majority of campers are in the other. Change team invite 2 or 3 helpers and face 3full squads of medics. Then You won't have to face this horrible campers problem  :P It takes 2 guys to change the game history...

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 13:55:47 PM »

It's not about the points, it's all about fun :)

Personally I love playing with engineer kit, it's by far my favorite kit in BF2 :)

I like to play with it too, but our personal preferences have little matter, truth is almost no one picks that kit up.
Its only commanders and 1 or 2 players that want to go on a duck hunting season :P

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming