login

Author Topic: Gpu broke, need new one!  (Read 1939 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Gpu broke, need new one!
« on: September 17, 2016, 06:37:16 AM »
Last night my gpu broke (till now this is the indications)
the pc started to act weird, i restart it and the monitor is full of green and red lines and dots.

Im 90% sure this is GPU problem.
Ill have to buy a new one but need an affordable one.
Thinking for RX480, any suggestions?

• View Profile
Re: Gpu broke, need new one!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 07:08:56 AM »
I am planning a new build soon. RX480 was on my list. But I settled for GTX1060 6GB.

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »
If you can handle the power input for that AMD card, go for it.

But if you have the money for a 1060 or above, go for Nvidia.

Also, Xena must be a rich a$$ dude :D :D :D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 13:47:32 PM »
Dislaimer: I'm very biased against ATI. These days I don't even bother looking into ATI cards. I recently (past 2-3 months or so) shopped for a new NVIDIA card.

If you have $250 the gtx1060 is a ridiculously good buy for the $. If you need one cheaper there's a 3gb one for ~150 but it's not quite as good. The 1060 is the lowest of the current generation and is more powerful than nearly everything from last generation. It's also cheaper than most of last generation and uses much less power (400w power supply recommended or something). ie, if you want to save money by buying the last generation you might as well get the gtx 1060. If you're looking to go further back (and are ok with used) the gtx 780-760 are cheap (I have a gtx 760 and was looking for another to SLI and they're going for about $70-100 used). But for just a few $ more you can get new and a huge increase in power ...

Good luck. My recommendation. Look around, use comparison and review sites, take your time. Happy shopping.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 21:38:37 PM »
Dislaimer: I'm very biased against ATI. These days I don't even bother looking into ATI cards. I recently (past 2-3 months or so) shopped for a new NVIDIA card.

If you have $250 the gtx1060 is a ridiculously good buy for the $. If you need one cheaper there's a 3gb one for ~150 but it's not quite as good. The 1060 is the lowest of the current generation and is more powerful than nearly everything from last generation. It's also cheaper than most of last generation and uses much less power (400w power supply recommended or something). ie, if you want to save money by buying the last generation you might as well get the gtx 1060. If you're looking to go further back (and are ok with used) the gtx 780-760 are cheap (I have a gtx 760 and was looking for another to SLI and they're going for about $70-100 used). But for just a few $ more you can get new and a huge increase in power ...

Good luck. My recommendation. Look around, use comparison and review sites, take your time. Happy shopping.

R9390x is a ridicuslouly good card.
If you  can handle its power demand, go for it.

• i'm getting better in better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 00:02:59 AM »
9400 gt is quietly fast and reliable if you want to play bf2. its NVIDIA property..
please  don't touch  my chik!!!!h

appreciate gods creation and appreciation everything..is the best..

• Ambassador KEK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 01:32:03 AM »
By the way:

What's your CPU?
Because if its weak, it will bottleneck the 480 much more the r9

• No Comment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 21:38:19 PM »
get the AMD Radeon 5450 HD 1gb DDR3 edition,, this little thingy can run battlefield 1/black ops 3/ the new attack on titan everything . !

Thank You Loco For Your Help. :D

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming