Poll

Which plugins or changes would you like to have for the server?

No plugins - a clean vanilla server
0 (0%)
Decay disabled (Your stuff won't disappear when you do not log in for a few days)
7 (11.5%)
Radiation enabled (At some special locations radiation will be enabled and you need protection against it)
7 (11.5%)
InfoPanel (Shows some basic information about the server ingame)
5 (8.2%)
ZLevels (Specific levels for woodcutting, mining, crafting with gather multipliers for each level)
5 (8.2%)
XpBooster (gives more XP for doing certain things)
6 (9.8%)
Remove tool (allows you to remove placed things)
5 (8.2%)
Teleport (allows you to set homes and teleport to other players)
5 (8.2%)
LustyMap (shows an ingame map with all important information)
6 (9.8%)
Quicksmelt (changes the smelting rate of ores and meat)
5 (8.2%)
Stack Size Changes (increase the stack sizes of items)
7 (11.5%)
Other (Please give a comment which other plugin you would like to have)
3 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: What would you like for the Rust server?  (Read 5399 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
What would you like for the Rust server?
« on: September 12, 2016, 16:06:32 PM »
Hey guys,

since our Rust server is running again now, I would like to know which plugins and changes you would like to see.
Please tick the options in the poll. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

• View Profile
Re: What would you like for the Rust server?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 17:21:14 PM »
Thats a nice list of plugins you got! bud
i would suggest  a couple more plugins in server if possible

1)- HeliControl for rust ( so you can control heli's health , amount of loot etc) .We can make helicopters harder to take down but they should give 6 crates sintead of 4 . we can increase the health of heli by 1.5 instead of 2.

2)- We need a plugin to increase animal respawns , thats what we gonna need if we have more players ( i dont know the name of any plugin , we might have to find out)

3)-Time of day for rust , through this we can control the time duration of day/night . As we all know after recent update nights are way more darker than they were before so we can make its duration shorter or longer.(upto admin)

i think this will cover everything we need in server. Lets see what everyone else says about these plugins.  :D

• No Retreat No Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 17:37:06 PM »
Please donot use remove tool ...its a deadly weapon if someone is allowed to cupboard he cn remove walls and loot your  stuff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 18:13:03 PM »
Please donot use remove tool ...its a deadly weapon if someone is allowed to cupboard he cn remove walls and loot your  stuff
I agree with you, if it depends on TC privilegues it can easily abused.
I found a plugin to make the remove option only available for things you placed yourself. That would be the better solution in my opinion.

• They may take me but never take us all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 19:23:37 PM »
I think we should not change heli settings.
What about the wipes? Is there a possibility to prevent that?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 19:40:40 PM »
I would say we only wipe the map and XP when it is mandatory by the Facepunch update which means a map wipe every first thursday of the month and XP wipes only after major changes in the system.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 19:52:28 PM »
I would say we only wipe the map and XP when it is mandatory by the Facepunch update which means a map wipe every first thursday of the month and XP wipes only after major changes in the system.
Well how about map wipe every 2 weeks ( Thursday). And xp wipe after 1 month? That's what most servers do but in start there will be less people in our server so wipes can be longer than that . 
And Also AV If we change heli settings it'll be harder to takedown ( more effort) but it will drop more loot ( that'll def get every player's attention. Its just a suggestion :D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 03:52:57 AM »
If we have wipes every month it kind of diminishes the point of a 'decay disabled' plugin doesn't it?

I'm very much in favor of a remove tool but only for items you yourself placed.

I selected 'Other' as well: Anything at all that makes the game less Kill-on-Sight or some way to place those of us who are against KoS *very* far away from those who have a need to kill every naked man they see and burn down any structure they find. Until then I see very little personal replayability.
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• No Retreat No Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Maybe a speed plugin would be interesting for players where you can craft items within seconds

• View Profile
    • http://www.NRNS-GAMES.COM
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »
may be post on steam forums  ? about the rust server  try to get more from there just a thought
DONATIONS WELCOME

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 15:01:08 PM »
Maybe a speed plugin would be interesting for players where you can craft items within seconds
thats covered in z levels , the more you craft the less time it takes

• They may take me but never take us all
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 21:04:30 PM »
Thanks for installing, the plugins work good!!!
Now come and join :D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 18:16:11 PM »
i have a problem , i dont know if am the only one facing this problem but My ping only on our server after 20-30 minutes of gameplay reaches 10,000(ten thousand) but when i check on other servers its fine ( EU server 250-270) AND (us 270-300) . Anyone knows whys that happening?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 19:22:57 PM »
I selected 'Other' as well: Anything at all that makes the game less Kill-on-Sight or some way to place those of us who are against KoS *very* far away from those who have a need to kill every naked man they see and burn down any structure they find. Until then I see very little personal replayability.
Do you have any suggestion how to reach something like this?

I found a plugin where every player has to choose if he wants to play PvE or PvP. PvE players can't harm any others and cannot be harmed by others as well. (including their built structures)
PvP players are noticed if they are hitting a PvE protected object to stop them from wasting bullets.
http://oxidemod.org/plugins/pvx-selector.1817/

That's the only thing I found which aims into that direction. But it would be a massive change of the server gameplay though.

i have a problem , i dont know if am the only one facing this problem but My ping only on our server after 20-30 minutes of gameplay reaches 10,000(ten thousand) but when i check on other servers its fine ( EU server 250-270) AND (us 270-300) . Anyone knows whys that happening?
I didn't notice anything similar. Does it happen every time you join or was it only today?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 23:58:08 PM »
Do you have any suggestion how to reach something like this?
Massive reeducation starting at preschool to teach proper values?

but no, nothing realistic. The plugin you mentioned sounds like a nice start but seems like it could potentially introduce balance issues. PVE players have an advantage when farming due to reduced risk. That advantage (in the form of items or w/e) can then be passed to a PVP player. Also, one of the benefits of an open PVP world is about controlling an area/resources. If I'm designated PVE I could potentially just stroll into an active PVP battlezone and start mining resources with no accountability...or even build a massive wall-maze between all the PVPers' buildings to permanently prevent PVP on the server (since my wall would be invulnerable?).

However, I think the real issue is the monthly reset. I'm used to games where I can build up my character for years if I choose without worry about loosing it. Frequent resets seem to rarely work in a PVE environment. Maybe Rust is just moving to become a BF2/3/4/CoD clone with building. Everything I've read about Rust recently (except the exp system) points to it moving more towards pure PVP and away from the creative/survival elements. If that is the direction Rust is going (or that we are going with Rust) then perhaps removing/reducing KoS wouldn't be appropriate. :|
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming