login

Author Topic: Rust in the Humble Bundle (Again: Jan, 2017)  (Read 3037 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Rust in the Humble Bundle (Again: Jan, 2017)
« on: August 10, 2016, 00:01:05 AM »
Just spreading the info. Rust (among others) is in the current Humble Bundle for the beat the average price (currently $4.88).

Can get the bundle of 6 games plus the Steam Rust version (which is required for playing on the NRNS Rust server?), support charity, lower price than Rust's historical lowest, etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 23:21:54 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
Re: Rust in the Humble Bundle
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 16:47:03 PM »
This is probably the best price you will find for the game in the near future!

But unfortunately you will only be able to play on our server as long as it is updated weekly which is not the case at the Moment...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 16:51:28 PM »
This is probably the best price you will find for the game in the near future!

But unfortunately you will only be able to play on our server as long as it is updated weekly which is not the case at the Moment...

thats not true as you can disable the auto update for said game.

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 16:55:01 PM »
I would be happy if you showed that to me. There was an option some time ago but Steam removed that.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 20:32:00 PM »
I would be happy if you showed that to me. There was an option some time ago but Steam removed that.
I published a workaround here: http://nrns-games.com/index.php?topic=8599.msg64627#msg64627

Maybe there's a more up to date way to get it working... Since the game seems to force auto-updates shouldn't the servers at least support auto updates? EDIT: Looks like they do by default:-\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 20:43:44 PM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 20:43:26 PM »
I saw that, but that doesn't work for me. You can disable the updates but you cannot launch the game when it is not up to date :/

The automatic server update would be a solution with least effort if it is possible to do so.
The plugins need manual updating though but it my opinion they could be left out if we could run a server which is always up to date this way.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 20:46:11 PM »
Oxide has an auto updater too. http://oxidemod.org/plugins/updater.681/

Updater automatically checks all supported Oxide 2 plugins for updates on server start or by chat command. This is useful to see if you are using an outdated, older versions of plugins. It will also automatically check for updates every hour, or at the time configured. Updater also supports the Email API and Push API plugins for instant notifications!

What sort of errors do you see when you try to launch the game when it is not up to date? Does it just flat out tell you that your game is out of date and can't run? Does it crash? etc.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 20:07:18 PM »
There are no errors, I simply cannot start it in the not-updated version. As soon as I try to start the game, the update is installed automatically. This is the case when I try running it via right click from my library as well as via shortcut which was created by the main installation on my desktop. See my attached screenshots too. I only clicked on "Play Game..." in #2 and the update window from #3 showed up and the update started without any further action from my side (#4).

There is no way to run without having the game updated to the latest version as far as I know.

Please note I also restricted the auto update to a time where I do not use my computer as shown in #1.

Edit: Also there is no option to disable the auto update for Rust (see #5).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 20:12:17 PM by [NRNS]dthebig »

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 23:02:13 PM »
Rust is in another Humble Bundle in the 'Beat the Average' tier. That tier is currently at $3.66. https://www.humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming