login

Author Topic: Downloaded MW2 Through torrent , now its gone o.0  (Read 2004 times)

• Activity: 0%
    • View Profile
Downloaded MW2 Through torrent , now its gone o.0
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
last night i downloaded the mw2 (2 DVDs 11GB) from the torrent thats in the file browser of COD4 channel . During the download i had seen an error for a couple of times , ERROR: ACCESS DENIED WRITE TO DISK (WHILE DOWNLOADING) I  kept closing and opening the torrent and somehow the download reached 100% now i get the error : access denied read from disk ( WHAT THE !) i Cant figure out whats going on . Recently my computer(windows 10) was updated a few days ago and after that i had loads of problem , sometimes exe.s wont open etc but i never had this torrent problem i download mw3 and it went really well and finished in half times as compared to mw2 with even bigger size (15 gb) . now after downloading the mw2 in the file containing folder , i can see a folder that i cant open it now , no properties option nothing , picture posted below . PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

• View Profile
Re: Downloaded MW2 Through torrent , now its gone o.0
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
POST A Link please if no one knows how to fix it , I JUST CANT WAIT!

• I aint Gettin on no plane Fool!
  • Dont Fade Away!!! Burn Out!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:49:01 PM »
Tony is the Wizard with this Ali, the link that was in the file browser didnt work for us so we did a file transfer instead, on team viewer, i did say that to you today and i would do it for you, come in TS and i will help you, file transfer with the game already set up brother :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »
POST A Link please if no one knows how to fix it , I JUST CANT WAIT!

HAHA!! i was the same. Been hammering Mw2 today. come to ts Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 15:34:17 PM »
Tony is the Wizard with this Ali, the link that was in the file browser didnt work for us so we did a file transfer instead, on team viewer, i did say that to you today and i would do it for you, come in TS and i will help you, file transfer with the game already set up brother :)
Wish i had fiber optics my man , file transfer through team viewer would takes days or maybe months with my internet LMFAO . Am downloading a new on now and it will surely work this time :D but I HAVE TO WAIT 17 HOURS  :0
Heheh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 17:47:43 PM »
i can give you google drive link for mw2 repack its 3.7GB. You will need saperately download iw4 client
[NRNS]Suraj
Proud Member of NRNS.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 18:21:08 PM »
i can give you google drive link for mw2 repack its 3.7GB. You will need saperately download iw4 client
nah I got the whole game downloaded now . Thank you for asking buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:04 AM »
For future reference:

Looks like your file/folder path might be too long. I believe Windows restricts it to a max of 255 characters. Windows will warn you if you try to name it yourself but some of these programs that save files for us bypass that warning and give us files we can't use. For that reason I usually set any downloads to a short folder off a drive root (ie: Z:/_/).

For example:
If the path to your folder/file is the following:
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\YOU\Downloads\COD 4 MW 2\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Depending on your username that's over 255 characters. Remove all the garbage (WwW.advertisements.CoM) from the folder names, shorten duplicate folder names to just 'MW2' or something, and you should be fine:
C:\Users\YOU\Downloads\COD 4 MW 2\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs]\MW2\MW2\~100 characters

If you're blocked from shortening the name on any of the folders making the path you can use the 'short path' in a command prompt window or use an operating system like Linux that will allow you to rename the folders without throwing a fit.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:30:47 AM by [NRNS]SirGuySW »
I am very open to suggestion. If you see an error or room for improvement or just have a comment or query please get in touch with me via forum PM, email, or Discord.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 06:27:40 AM »
For future reference:

Looks like your file/folder path might be too long. I believe Windows restricts it to a max of 255 characters. Windows will warn you if you try to name it yourself but some of these programs that save files for us bypass that warning and give us files we can't use. For that reason I usually set any downloads to a short folder off a drive root (ie: Z:/_/).

For example:
If the path to your folder/file is the following:
C:\Users\YOU\Downloads\COD 4 MW 2\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\Depending on your username that's over 255 characters. Remove all the garbage (WwW.advertisements.CoM) from the folder names, shorten duplicate folder names to just 'MW2' or something, and you should be fine:
C:\Users\YOU\Downloads\COD 4 MW 2\Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 [English][PC][2DVDs]\MW2\MW2\~100 characters

If you're blocked from shortening the name on any of the folders making the path you can use the 'short path' in a command prompt window or use an operating system like Linux that will allow you to rename the folders without throwing a fit.
Thank you!!!!!! That solved issue :D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 16:28:59 PM »
Great News, Any Sys Admins seen this yet? there have been people asking to change map in rust, and more maps added to Server 1.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 16:48:57 PM »
Great News, Any Sys Admins seen this yet? there have been people asking to change map in rust, and more maps added to Server 1.

wait we set up a 24/7 rust server since its populated fast. so please explain how you can add any other map to a server thats named 24/7 rust????  that server name implys it runs rust over and over again does it not????

Working hard to bring the best online servers to our community

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »

Yes mate it does, i was saying that there have been comments in server, thats all, this is not a post trying to tell anyone what to do, if you thought that i apologise for giving that impression, its a suggestion that came up with 24/7 Dome in Mw3, when we added Hardhat to the equation the server was booming, people loved it, including me and yourself and many other members too.
I think ive spent more time in server 2 than i have in server 1 in Mw2, its awesome, fast paced small great map that ive missed a lot. if you want to leave as is mate il say no more about it, just say, Speak soon.

Navigation

Pages

Contact

Connections

Online Gaming